Black eyed children

This happened when I was eighteen, my parents were on a date night and I was home alone. Being home alone was really a privilege for me. So I laid on the couch with a bowl of buttery popcorn and turned Netflix on. The neighborhood I lived in was very safe, so it was unusual for my experience. And unusual to even think about this whole experience.

As I was starting to take interest in my movie the doorbell rang. It was almost midnight, I'm not sure who would be roaming around at night. I pulled myself off the couch, feeling nervous about opening the door. It was a strange feeling.

I swung the door open light to see a little girl standing outside, she had blonde ponytails and was wearing a blue sunflower dress which was weird considering it was fall. But what really struck me as odd was the fact that she was wearing black sunglasses. It was night time, unless she was blind.

"Uh can I help you?" I ask hesitatingly.

"Actually yes," her small voice sends chills down my spine. She seemed like a normal child, I don't know why i felt nervous and dreadful. Something told me to not let her in the house. I just hoped she wouldn't ask. "May I make a call?"

"W-Why?"

"I need a ride home, can you just please let me in to make the call?" Her voice begins to grow snappy.

It felt like my heart was in my throat, my heart started to race. There was something definitely off about this girl. "Sorry but you can't..."

"Please I'm all alone...just let me in for one call." She whines.

"I'm not supposed to let people in, but maybe I can get the phone for you?" I insist. The horrible emotions that overcame me were still there. But maybe I was just being paranoid, I thought. She was a small girl who was lost.

"Why not?! Just let me in!" She grew angry. My body was reacting with what she was saying. I felt my arm slowly open the door. Thankfully I stopped myself from taking action, getting control of my body once again. For a moment her eyes were visible looking all back with no irises or white on the edges. It really freaked me out. Instantly I shut the door and twisted the lock right away. My heart begun to beat out of my chest, droplets of sweat dropped down my forehead.

The door started to rumble due to her fists slamming on the surface of the door. I could hear angry yells and curse words escaping her mouth. I locked all my doors including the windows too, even checking on all of them twice. I also checked each room of the house to make sure nobody was in it.

When my parents came home I was like a withering baby. I reported everything I saw tonight, they thought I was just being paranoid. That maybe it was a weird dream or I was being dramatic.

The next day I did some research. I found out that these children were called black eyed children. Also I was watching the news a couple days later and there was reports of bald eyed children in my area. It scared my parents too especially after I told them my similar experience. Thankfully they believed me. Never again did I have another encounter with a black eyed child.