My Best Friends Are Hybrids?

I forgot to tell my husband about the visitors I'm having over today. They are my bestfriends from childhood, and... I say best friends I mean best friends split into two. Their twins. We had just caught up a few days ago, so they decided to come over. 

DING DONG! In fact that may be them now.

I dusted my clothes off and ran to open the door. As soon as the door flung open, I spotted a male with typical blond hair and blue eyes and a female with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. The twins are here. The Male's name is Conner and The Female's name is Cony.

Anyway I opened the door excitidly, ready to meet up with my new friends.

"Amber its been so long!" Cony started, running over to hug me. "Hey Conner" I said attempting to give him a high just to be denied. "Hey" He said shyly brushing his hair out of his face.

After we greeted each other, I sat down and started having small talk before Sara walked into the room.

"Mommy!" She said running over to me toppling me over in a hug.

"Oh Right this is my daughter Sara" I said holding Sara lovingly close to me. Then I turned to Sara "And Sara these are some of my old friends Conner and Cony". I looked back at my friends, noticing the intense stares going on between my daughter and my friends.

"Mommy... they smell weird" She said pulling on my pants leg, not looking back.

"Sweetheart thats not nice, Their our guests." I said nervously  smiling at the both of them.

"No I mean they smell like dogs and possibly daddy's new snack... he hasn't eaten in days". She turned to leave as soon as those words left her mouth. Before I could grab her, she ran in search of James using her vampire speed.

There was no hiding the fact that my child  has speed. I looked at my friends, ashamed of the secret I kept from them. I was about to spill the truth to the onlookers of this supernatural  event when Conner had an outrage.

"I knew it! she does have a stinch of vampires on her." Conner said in a deep growl. Cony only shook her head in responce... seemably disspointed.

"IM so sorry you guys... Wait how did you smell vampire." I said suspiciously glaring in his directions. I remember my husband telling me that only a supernatural can sense another supernatural.

"Because sweetheart." He said getting up and walking around the table  to my seat . "We are hybrids." He exclaimed proudly while extending his fangs. All this time, I never knew my friends weren't of the ssme species as me? Was I that clueless?

He continued to edge closer and closer until I realized his intentions. Cony watched in the background, eyes turning from their original blue to a misty red. I could die if I don't do something, so I let out a warning scream that signalled to the rest of the family that something was wrong. In 5 seconds flat James was by my side, accessing the situation.

"Hybrids" He growled. His eyes were red from the lack of blood in his system.

"Well Well Well, If it isn't James Dracula, the human lover!" James didn't move from his where he was positioned, He was forming a protective sheild over me through holding my hand. We only discovered a year ago that he was capable of more abilities, this being one of them.

My children ran in the room playing choo choo train until they noticed the atmoshpere and realized there was danger lining the air.

"Mom?" Sony said "Whats going on?".

"Just stay back sweetheart, It's okay" I reply, putting on my most soothing voice in hope of persuasion. Conner snarled at this, and took a dangerous step closer.

"This is disgusting! Humans  and vampires can live in the same house. And you out of all people?" He said glancing my way. "I thought you had higher standards. I'm going to enjoy killing this abomination" At that moment Conner was ready to pounce, but before he could, his site placed a steady arm on his shoulder.

"It's not worth it Conner. She will have many obstacles in life due to her mistake that are much worst then revenge." This stament makes her brother more adherent and he begins to back up. Conner begins to smile as her plays many unfortunate scenarios in his head. After a moment of silence, He takes his twin sister's hand and disapears.

The question of what just happend, left me dumbfounded as to what my reaction should be. Moments later, my husband leads me out of that room and into ours. Presence is both stiff and awkward as we walk hand in hand.