Complicated Decisions.

Chapter

Amy

"How?" Was all I could muster. Was living with my dad and twin that bad? Did my own father do this to my kids?

"I don't know but I think it has something to do with their diet."

"What do you mean?" I asked placing my hand on his shoulder guiding home to the kitchen table.

Once I settled down he continued. "Their powerful, I could smell your blood in their system but its being digested along with the human blood they drank. They drink a lot."

"I don't understand, They don't have my DNA anymore?"

"No... they do, but they're dangerous. They don't have the same human qualities left in them. They supply like real vampires."

"I can't believe my dad destroyed my babies." I break down crying as Lucas pulls me into his arms. He pats my back on instinct.

"It's okay Amy... we don't know if they act like monsters." He said trying to comfort me, but he knew our kids will never be 'our' kids anymore. The way they bared their teeth and clenched their fists. The way their eyes glinted with evil, preparing to take a bite of their next victim. We know it's impossible to change them but we can try.

I instinctively grabbed my coat and headed for the door. "Where are you going?" Lucas asked evidently annoyed.

"Don't worry about it."

"You're my wife I have to worry about it."

I unlocked the door and turned the door knob. I mumbled before heading out. "Too bad"

Shuffling my feet to the car, I sped up as I heard a second set of feet behind me. Lucas locked the door and rushed to catch up with me.

Third person

Amy hurriedly rushed to the car before her husband decided to use his speed as an advantage.

She slams the black car's door close with extreme force, while she fumbled with her keys. The engine started and Amy hit the accelerator. The car sped out of the driveway and onto the street. Ever since her children were kidnapped, Amy always found peace in visiting the woods. The woods where her family was taken away from her. It's the only woods for acres so it has to be it. She's never told Lucas about it, it brings too many sorrowful memories.

Amy pulls the keys out of the ignition and walks into the forest.

The leaves hum a haunting tone, that causing tears to weld up in her eyes again. She forces them back down.

Amy sits under a tree and allows the breeze to mess up her hair.

"What's this place?" Lucas's solemn voice interrupted the atmosphere. Of course he followed her car.

His wife was sprawled out on the ground. It hurt him to see his wife in pain.

"How did you find me?"

"I know your scent Ames." He shrugged nonchalantly. His bangs blew into his face due to the rushing wind. Amy couldn't help but push his golden locks out of his adorable face.

"Is this where you always disappear to?" He asked staring ahead at the open space full of rustling trees. The wind seemed to blow from both sides of the forest, unable to make up its mind.

"Do you think they're okay?" Amy whispers as the silence eats at her. She didn't care that her children were evil, or that they mercilessly feed on human blood. She just loves her kids, no matter what happens to them as a family.

"I'm sure" It's been awhile since they considered themselves something other than 'former parents'. Their mindsets have changed for the better.

They stared out into the open abyss of light, their kids were out there... somewhere.

Little did they know their children were hiding out in an abandoned cabin only a few feet away thinking the same thing....