Patrol and Bear

Diana's POV

I had just finished training and was talking to Clark before I left for patrol. 'Clark I need you to train me more' I tell him. We were both in our wolf forms for patrol as he headed towards the others who are waiting. Today we were showing the new warriors our patrol route, which changes daily so no one outside the pack knows our movements. 'I'll be turning human soon and will be cured, so I need to start training harder to keep my fighting/skill level up' I tell him.

'I understand Alpha and I will be happy to train you again. But that mate of yours could train you better then your father and I could' he states absentmindedly. I ignored his comment as we reached the group. I saw that there are five new warriors and five current ones. That is how my pack works we pair off when new warriors are recruited. One new member with one current member, so that the recruits can learn and be protected while on patrol.

'Now today we will be pairing off, Clark will tell you who is with who. Then patrol will begin, Clark and I will go from group to group to watch the recruits progress. You all did well in training, but this is no game. Listen to your mentor and you'll be fine' I tell everyone.

'Yes Alpha' they replied and Clark called out the pairs names telling them which sector they were patrolling. Today we split the territory into five sectors to patrol. However if needed we'd split it into 8 - 12 sectors as we have enough wolves to do so. And still have enough to defend the pack house if under threat.

Soon Clark was done and everyone understood their roles. They left immediately and my cousin arrived with Elijah in tow in their wolf forms already. 'What are you two doing here Loki?' I ask my cousin.

'Well I was wondering if you needed help with patrol and came to ask. Then run into Elijah on the way and he decided to join' Loki states. I sighed in annoyance, first he spies on me during training and now this. Following me while I am training new warriors for patrol.

'You may join Clark, I must have a word with our guest' I tell him and they leave. 'Well come along if you wish to help' I tell Elijah as I start to head North. 'Why do you feel the need to follow my around like a lost puppy?' I ask him.

'Just making sure your ok and i must see you run the pack very well' he states. 'I'm impressed by your fighting and leadership skills' he tells me.

'That is why I don't need help, but I do have a question to ask you' I state as we reached an open field full of long yellowing grass. When I heard an alarm howl of dangerous animal being in the area. I took off at a sprint with Elijah following me. We met up with Clark and Loki along the way. 'Clark keep these two back, I'll handle the problem' I order in my Alpha tone. He and Loki bowed their heads.

We reached a clearing near a water fall and saw a giant bear cornering one of the recruits. While the mentor was caught in a trap. I took immediate action jumping on the bears back biting the back of his neck. 'Get them two out of there and at a safe distance' I order the other three.

However, I saw Elijah try to run to my aid but Clark held him back. I growled in annoyance as I dodge the bears attack.  Then started to lead it away from the others up a rocky slope. Towards the top of the waterfall. 'Elijah come' I order so all them can hear and Clark allows him to follow me.

Once I reached the top of the water fall I hid in a bush waiting for the bear. My plan was simple push the bear off the cliff. It was a twenty feet drop to the lake below. Soon the bear arrived with Elijah in it's back as it tried to buck him off. 'Elijah we have to push him off the cliff' I instructed as Elijah landed beside me. He nods his head and we attack together not communicating. We worked in perfect sync pushing the bear back towards the cliff.

But just as we pushed the bear off the cliff the ledge came out from under me. Making me fall as well as I dig my nails into the cliff side trying to hold on. There was a big splash as I landed on a smaller ledge. I would have fallen if I wasn't so small.

I watched the bear shot out of the water before heading to the shore and limping away out of my territory. Now the question is how do I get down from here. I look up and see Elijah looking at me in relief to see I was alive. Then I looked at the shore to the other four standing their. Seeing I was about half way down I decided to jump into the lake and swim to shore.

So that is exactly want I did with Elijah yelling in my head not to jump. After diving into the cold water I surfaced and swam to shore. Even though it was close to winter I didn't expect it to be so cold. When I reached the shore I curled up after shaking my fur out trying to warm up.

Suddenly as I was enveloped in worth as I was picked up and wrapped in a blanket. We have that and clothes hidden in bunkers through the territory. I smelt Elijah's scent and knew he was the one holding me. So I snuggled into his warm chest absentmindedly making him chuckle. "Glad to know you appreciate my help when you need it, come on lets get you back to the pack house" he tells me as he pats my head gently.

'Yes lets, Clark you and Loki continue your round take the recruit with you. Also Derick you are coming with us so that someone can look at your leg' I instruct everyone. They all agreed and we went our separate ways, Derick followed Elijah as we headed back toward the pack house. I fell into a peaceful sleep listening to Elijah's heart beat.

A/N

Gif above of how long the grass was in the field Elijah and Diana run through after hearing the alarm howl.