Prologue

Prologue 

*~*~*~*

Pain radiated through the brunette's side, sending memories swarming through her mind. It was a type of pain that she'd grown used to throughout her short life, a reminder of her own personal hell. A nightmare that she would never be able to wake up from, no matter how hard she tried.

Scars littered her body, constant reminders of just how trapped she was. They served as reminders of the punishments she'd faced at her own parents' hands for doing simple things. Things that no other parent would punish their child for. One jagged scar ran across the length of her left shoulder. She could remember how her father had simply gotten bored one afternoon and decided that she needed to be taught a lesson. It had taken just a flick of his wand for her blood to run for two days straight. If it hadn't been for her family's house elf, Dobby, she had no doubt that she would have died from blood loss. She still wasn't sure if she'd been right to thank the small creature for his help, for saving her. Though she would never have the chance to repeat that night, Dobby having been freed just last year with the help of Harry Potter.

The young brunette was just thirteen years old as she sat on the edge of her small bed, her teeth clenched tightly from the pain radiating through her body. Embry Malfoy was startlingly different from her twin, Draco Malfoy. The cocky blonde boy was worse than their parents in some ways. While he also took pleasure in torturing his sister, he had a shorten time span to do so, causing him to squeeze as much pain as he could in his short holiday windows.

Embry couldn't help but envy her blonde counterpart. Since he was eleven he had been able to escape the confines of their family home, travel to Hogwarts to practice his magic. For years, Embry had waited to receive her own Hogwarts letter, but it never came. To her, it seemed as though even Hogwarts didn't want her. Instead they left her in her parents' hands, to act as nothing more than a slave for her. It was at the point that every time she heard someone coming her way she had to force herself not to cower or cringe. She had been forced to learn not to cry when in pain for it only made her family more eager to hurt her. It was as if her tears gave them some sort of high.

This was her story.