Conversations

Chapter Seventeen: Conversations
***Embry's POV***

"I was hoping I'd find you here," I looked up at the familiar voice to see Lupin walking over to me. He looked really bad with dark bags under his eyes and his skin being a little too pale.

"Hello Professor," I looked back at the water without saying anything else.

"I heard about what happened at the Quidditch match, are you okay?" He asked me as he sat down on a rock a few feet away from me. All I did was nod, not really sure what to say to him. "I spoke with Mr. Diggory a few days ago."

"I told him everything." I knew where he was going with this. "I needed to tell someone and I knew that I could trust him. Why won't you tell me about the photo?"

"There are a lot of things that you don't understand." He sighed. "I made a promise to Dumbledore that I wouldn't tell you about it until it was time for you to know."

"I'm the girl in the photo, aren't I?" I looked back at him to find him looking down at the ground.

"When it's time I'll answer any questions you have but until then I need you to let the photo go and pretend you never saw it." He ignored my question, giving me my answer. "I will promise you that I'll give you your answers before this school year it out. Okay?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I yelled at you the way I did." I apologized. "I just felt like you weren't being fair after I told you everything that I did and you wouldn't tell me about the photo."

"I understand," he gave me a small smile before getting back up to his feet. "I expect to see you Monday morning for our lesson."

"Of course Professor." I waved goodbye as he headed back up to the castle while I stayed where I was and looked back out at the water. I wasn't really sure why I did it but I pulled off the jacket I was wearing and slipped off my shoes before walking into the water. I started just swimming around in my jeans and turtleneck, ignoring the chilly fall air.

"Having fun?" My gaze snapped back to the shore where Cedric was walking into the water with his jeans and long sleeved shirt still on. I just watched him as he swam out until he reached me and pulled me into his arms.

"It's better now," I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Are you really okay?" He asked me.

"I'm great, I talked to Professor Lupin and apologized for going off on him." I informed him. "And now I have you here."

"Do you know what you're doing for Christmas?" He adjusted his arms around me so he was practically holding me in the water.

"It's almost two months away," I shrugged. "Mrs. Weasley wanted me to back and visit them but I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"Why?" He raised a brow.

"George." I rested my head on his shoulder. "He's upset with me and won't even so much as look at me. Then Percy isn't a big fan of me and I don't think Ron is either. It'd just be awkward when only two of them really want me there."

"Well if you aren't going back with them, I was wondering if you'd like to come home for the holidays with me. I'm sure my dad would love to meet you." I snapped my head back up and looked at him in surprise.

"Are you sure?" I asked nervously.

"I'm positive, I really care about you Embry and I'd love it if you'd join me at home for the holidays." I could tell that he was completely serious by the look in his eyes. Before I could say anything he leaned his head down and kissed me on the lips.

"I'll have to talk to the Weasley's." I whispered against his lips.

****

"Fred!" I ran after him as he walked down the corridor with a fifth year Gryffindor girl. When I called his name he stopped and turned around and smiled as I reached them.

"Long time no see Lu!" He grinned.

"It's only been a few days, besides it's not easy hanging around with you when George is still being cold." I pointed out.

"True," he shrugged. "What can I do for you?"

"I need to talk with you and Ginny." I told him. "Can we talk after dinner?"

"Sure," he nodded before I waved goodbye and headed down the corridor and towards the North Tower for my Divintion lesson.

****

"You wanted to talk?" Ginny asked as she sat down on the couch with Fred and I after dinner that night.

"So I know that the other three aren't big fans of me," I started.

"Percy's a git, Ron is just too focused on food, and George is just being stupid." Fred rolled his eyes.

"Nevertheless, I know that your parents invited me to go back with you guys for the holidays but I'm not sure it's the best idea." I put my hand over their mouths to keep them quite when I saw they were both about to argue. "Cedric invited me to go home with him and I thought it might be better for me to go with him. Then George can cool off or whatever and you guys can all have some family time."

"But you're part of our family!" Ginny pried my hand off of her mouth. "Plus you could get to meet Bill and Charlie!"

"Gin," Fred frowned but I couldn't tell if it was at me or Ginny as he turned to me. "Lu it's up to you. I know that mum and dad will understand if you go with Diggory but don't let our twit brothers make your decision for you."

"It's moments like this that remind me how smart you are Freddie." I teased him as I ruffled his hair.

"I'm always smart!" He pretended to be hurt as he put a hand over his heart. "I just happen to put my smarts into pranking instead of schoolwork."

"Which is why mum is going to strangle you after the OWLs." Ginny pointed out and all three of us started laughing. I'm not sure how long we all sat there joking around with each other but it defiantly was what I needed.