Summer Again

Chapter Twenty-Three: Summer Again

***Embry's POV***

I couldn't help but smile up at Cedric as I opened my eyes to find my head in his lap and his fingers playing with my long black hair as it turned to a soft pink color. It'd been almost four months since I'd learned everything about my real identity. Learning it all had just brought me closer to Lupin, along with Cedric. He was the only one I told everything to, I'd told Harry, Ron, and Hermione about Sirius turning out to be my father when they'd kept pushing but no one but Lupin, Dumbledore, and Cedric knew about the abuse I'd gone through with the Malfoy's. I was planning on it staying that way.

It'd also been nearly four months since my fight with George and I still hadn't spoken to him since. I really did feel like I hated him for what he'd said to me. Fred and Ginny had learned about the fight somehow and Fred tried to tell me that George had just been stupid and that I should try and talk to him again. Ginny on the other hand agreed with me in my plan to just freeze him out, she said he deserved it because of what he'd said to me about my scars and Cedric. She just wanted me to be happy.

Now I was sitting with Cedric in one of the compartments on the train. Summer was now starting which meant all the students were returning home for the next three months before classes restarted again. It also meant three months of living in the same house as George and away from Cedric. We'd agreed to write to each other but he'd be traveling with his dad over the summer so we wouldn't get to see each other until a week before classes started again. Arthur had gotten the family tickets for the Quidditch World Cup at the end of the summer and had also gotten tickets for me, Hermione, and Harry. Cedric and his father also had tickets so we'd all get to see each other then.

"What are you thinking about?" Cedric's voice broke through my thoughts as he smiled down at me.

"How I'll survive the summer without seeing you," I sat myself up so I was sitting next to him on the bench.

"It's only a few months." He pulled me into his arms and somehow I found myself in his lap with his arms around me. "Soon enough we'll be back on this train for our sixth year."

"With you as captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team and a perfect." I pointed out.

"You'd be a perfect too if you'd accepted." He reminded me. Just a week ago Professor McGonagal had asked me to be a perfect next year but I'd turned it down, saying I wanted to focus on my studies since I'd be in classes with everyone next year. Lupin had told me that right after saying that he wouldn't be returning to Hogwarts in the fall. I'd cried for hours about him not coming back, he was like a father to me. What would I do without him there?

"How much longer until we reach the station?" I asked.

"Not long," he tucked some of my hair behind my ear, causing me to blush. "Why?"

"I love you," I whispered before kissing him softly on the lips which he quickly returned as he held me closer to him.

"I love you too," he smiled as we broke apart. "I can't wait until the World Cup. I can't wait to see you again."

"Neither can I," I gave a small frown as I felt the train come to a stop. The train stopping meant that I'd have to leave him for the Burrow which meant nearly three months away from him and confined into the same living quarters as George.

"Don't frown," his eyes met mine. "I'm sure Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are excited to see you again. And I bet Ginny and Fred are excited to have you to themselves all summer. Maybe you'll hear from Lupin or your dad?"

"I hope so," I smiled at the thought of hearing from Lupin since he wouldn't be at Hogwarts in the fall. I grabbed my bag that Lark was hiding in as usual and Cedric took my hand in his and led me out of our compartment. We waited for a few moments before stepping off the train, making sure that the Malfoy's were gone. When we stepped onto the platform I easily spotted the Weasley's with Hermione and Harry and then Amos off to the side talking to a man.

"I guess this is goodbye until the World Cup." Cedric sighed as he gave my hand a squeeze before releasing it. "Until then my love."

"I love you too," I smiled as he kissed me softly on the lips before hurrying over to where his father was waiting. I watched as the apperated back to their home before I made my way over to the Weasley's and was pulled into a hug by Molly and then Arthur.

"It's good to see you again my dear!" Molly beamed at me as I walked over to Hermione and Harry who were talking with Ron.

"Hello Lu," Hermione smiled at me before giving me a hug. "My parents are waiting so I need to go but I'll see you at the end of the summer for the Cup, right?"

"I'll see you then," I nodded before she hurried off towards the barrier and disappeared. Harry just gave me a wave before doing the same. Ron went to talk to the twins so I walked over to Ginny. We all talked in our little groups as we took our trunks and left through the barrier. This was going to be a long summer.