Pink and Red

Chapter Thirteen: Pink and Red

*~*~*~*

The Great Hall was already filled with people when Embry made her way inside, earning some looks from others since she was late. She ignored the curious glances that were sent her way, heading straight for the Gryffindor table. Rather than taking her usual spot with Lee and the twins she walked further down the table, taking a seat in the empty spot beside Hermione, across from Ron and Harry.

"Why is your hair pink?" Hermione questioned the girl as soon as she sat down.

"I just got asked to Hogsmeade." Embry couldn't help but smile at her own words as she started to fill her plates with some potatoes.

"By who?" Hermione's eyes widened.

"Some Hufflepuff, he said his name was Cedric Diggory." As soon as the name left Embry's lips Hermione's jaw dropped while the girl sitting on her other side, Lavender, looked at Embry with wide eyes.

"Cedric Diggory asked you out?" Lavender questioned, earning surprised looks from her friends. Embry only nodded, not understanding what the big deal was.

"Did you tell the twins or Lee?" Ron nodded down the table at where his brothers and their friend were staring at the pink haired girl. At the boys' stares Embry forced her hair back to blue.

Embry said little throughout the remainder of dinner, simply listening as Hermione and the others talked about their lessons from the day. There was about half an hour left in dinner when the girl slipped from her seat and made her way out of the hall, wanting to get back to the common room before it was filled with noisy teens. On her way back to the tower though she felt someone grab her by the arm, a hand quickly clamping down on her mouth before she could scream.

"It's just us Lu!" George assured her as he removed his hand.

"What the hell was that for?" Embry hissed as she spun around to face George, Fred, and Lee.

"What was with your pink hair earlier?" George countered.

"Yeah, when you came into the Great Hall you looked all giddy." Fred raised a brow at the girl, a smirk filling his lips.

"Why does my hair color concern you guys?" Embry crossed her arms over her chest. "Disappointed that I didn't keep my hair ginger?"

"Hermione said your hair color reflects your emotions." George pointed out, ignoring the girl's attempt at joking around with them. "What does pink mean?"

"From the smirk on Fred's lips, I'm pretty sure you already know." Embry rolled her eyes at the boys, starting to grow frustrated with their behavior.

"Who is it?" Lee spoke up as George stiffened, annoyance shining clear in his eyes.

"None of your bloody business," Embry scoffed, her eyes trained on George's hard figure. It was clear to her that it wasn't Fred and Lee that were curious about who had made her hair turn pink, but rather George. "I don't know why you're all so interested in who I may or may not like, but stay out of it. People are allowed to have secrets, are they not?"

"That's all you seem to have." George spat, successfully sending Embry's hair on whirlwind of changes as several different emotions flooded her. "You don't tell anyone anything! Hell, you even lied about where you went earlier!"

"Let's go," Fred suggested as he pulled on his twin's arm while Embry's hair stopped changing, settling on a vibrant red.

"Listen to him George." Embry warned the boy before she turned away, managing to make her way into the common room without being stopped again. She stormed up the stairs to her dorm. Her head was spinning, having managed to get into two arguments within just a matter of hours.