Quidditch

Chapter Sixteen: Quidditch
***Embry's POV***

It'd been almost two weeks since the incident of Black trying to get into Gryffindor tower and there hadn't been another sighting of him since which was always nice. In those weeks though Cedric and I had gotten closer and I found myself spending almost all of my free time with him. Lupin was supposedly sick so I still hadn't spoken to him and I continued to avoid George while he did the same to me. Everything seemed to be getting along fine and I was happy about it. Today was the first Quidditch game of the season though and with Draco pretending his arm was hurt from an incident in one of his classes Hufflepuff was playing Gryffindor instead of Slytherine versus Gryffindor like it was supposed to be.

"So who are you rooting for?" Hermione asked me as we took our seats in the stands with Ginny, Neville, Dean, and Seamus.

"Gryffindor," I told her as if it were obvious even though I knew the others thought I'd root for Hufflepuff since Cedric was their Seeker and Captain. "Just because Cedric and I are together doesn't mean that I'm going to root against my own house."

"No but with George being on our team..." Ginny trailed off as the teams took the field and Cedric shook hands with our captain, Oliver Wood.

"Your brother might be a git but Fred and Harry aren't." I nudged her with my elbow. We all watched through the rain as the match started, the chasers started to pass one of the balls around while I spotted Harry and Cedric both looking around the snitch.

"Come on Harry!" Hermione cheered after a while when Harry and Cedric both went flying after the small gold snitch. I was on the edge of my seat as they both got closer to it but then everything seemed to change as it got colder.

"Ginny?" I whispered her name as the dementors showed up and went after Harry but there were a few others that came around the stands, one of them right in front of us. I felt myself growing colder by the second until everything went black at the sound of my father's voice.

****

"Is she going to be okay?" A familiar voice asked someone when I woke up but I kept my eyes closed.

"She'll be fine Ginny," another familiar voice told the first one as I felt someone squeeze my hand. I opened my eyes slowly and saw three familiar faces around me my hospital bed.

"What happened?" I asked as I rubbed my head with my free hand since Cedric was holding the other.

"Dementors," Cedric frowned. "They just showed up out of nowhere. Most of them went after Harry but one went after you, Dumbledore was able to get them away though."

"I've never seen Dumbledore so mad," Ginny shook her head.

"How's Harry?" I asked as I pulled myself up into a sitting position.

"You're awake!" The woman that had taken care of me my first day of classes hurried over with a cup in hand. "Drink this, it'll make you feel better."

"Thanks," I took the cup to find that it was filled with hot chocolate I took a small sip of it but as soon as she walked away I sat it on the table by the bed.

"He took quite a fall but Dumbledore was able to slow him down so he wasn't hurt too bad." Fred assured me as he glanced around the curtain. "He's a few beds down with Hermione and Ron watching him with the rest of the team."

"You should drink that," Cedric nodded at the cup of hot chocolate. "Pomfrey won't let you go if you don't."

"I'm not a huge fan of chocolate," I told him the truth as I thought back to what I'd heard before I'd passed out. It made me feel scared and sad, it was like being thrown back in time.

"Are you okay?" Cedric asked as Fred went back down to check on Harry with Ginny.

"I'm fine," I chewed on my lip.

"No you're not, when something's wrong you chew on your lip. What is it?" He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"It's nothing," I forced a smile to try and assure him as I took the cup and downed the hot chocolate in hopes that it'd get me out of there sooner. I didn't feel as cold after drinking it but the sadness didn't leave me. "So when can I get out of here?"

"Now," Pomfrey smiled as she came back over to us. "I want you to come back if you have any problems though. Okay?"

"Okay," I nodded as I got out of the bed and walked down to Harry's bed where others were talking to him about the match. "Are you okay Harry?"

"Yeah," he gave me a small smile. "Hermione said that one got you too, how are you?"

"Fine, I just got released." I told him as I noticed Fred whispering something to an annoyed looking George. "How did the match end?"

"Hufflepuff won," Ron frowned. "Diggory caught the snitch while Harry was getting attacked. He tried to call it off and get a rematch when he saw what had happened but everyone says it was fair, even Wood."

"Everyone out! He needs to get some rest!" Pomfrey ran over and started pushing everyone towards the door where Cedric was waiting for me.

"What would you like to do?" He asked as he headed down the corridor.

"I think I'm just going to go down to the lake and work on some homework," I stretched up and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll see you later?"

"Be careful," he kissed me on the forehead before I hurried out the castle doors and down towards the lake, not bothering to go and get my homework to do. When I reached the lake I sat down on the muddy ground and just looked out at the water.

"I was hoping to find you here,"