Chapter 10

Ash and I walked down to the closest ice cream shop. It was just a small place. The sign on the front read Whippy Dip. It was a small place with only outside seating. Families sat on picnic tables talking and eating ice cream. The line only had a few people. We walked up and stood in line.'

"So Serena what's been going on sense you left the gym?" Ash asked.

"Well me and Calem broke up and I am now staying at a hotel." I said like it was nothing.

"You finally broke up. I knew he wasn't right for you." Ash put his arm around my shoulder. "I would total make a better boyfriend." I looked over at him with a weird look. 

"Well you might be but we might never know." I leaned up against him. It felt different then I was around Calem. around Ash I could be myself and didn't have a care in the world. With Calem it kinda felt fake like it wasn't real love.

"If you don't mind me asking. Why did you break up?" Ash looked down at me. Even with heals on he was still taller than me. 

"Well I walked in on him cheating." 

"Oh my god Serena. Next time I see him I will punch him in the face." Ash leaned down and kissed the top of my head. 

We reached the window finally. "Hi. What would you guys like to order?" An overly happy teen stood in the window.

"I will have a vanilla ice cream cone please." I ordered.

"I will have a chocolate ice cream cone then." Ash pulled out his wallet and paid the teen.

"Your order will be at the next window." We went and sat on one of the benches to wait for our ice cream.

"Ok so you are stay at a hotel and you are free from the devil." I laughed at the devil part knowing there was some truth behind it.

"Yeah. I was afraid if I went back to the gym it would be awkward."

"It.." 

"Vanilla ice cream and chocolate." Another teen stood at the pick up window interrupting Ash. Ash walked over and grabbed the ice cream and then came over and sat me again. We sat there for a while just eating our ice cream. If felt nice to be on a date with Ash. Wait was this a date?

I looked over at Ash to see he was already done with his ice cream. "Ash?"

"Yeah?" He looked down at me. Why is he always taller than me.

"Is this a date?" I asked. 

"Only if you want it to be." He smirked. He stood up and grabbed my hand that didn't have my ice cream in it. "Mind if I walk you back to the hotel?"

"Not at all." we start to walk back to the hotel where I was staying.