Chapter 4 A Day of Rest

Draco was happy he had the day off. His mind was about to explode with all the thoughts running through his head. "Accio." He pointed at his robe before getting out of bed.

  He turned on the telly in the living room and scrolled through the Muggle programs. He was never a big fan of television programs, but thought it was a good way to kill boredom every now and then. No wonder muggles were so lazy. They didn't have the opportunity to use magic like wizards and witches do, so they waste their life away in front of this screen. "You look like someone just murdered your cat", Pansy said as she entered with Blaise through the fireplace.

  "That is absolutely absurd. I would never in my life own a cat." As he finished his sentence, Pansy and Blaise started to come further in to his apartment. "Yes, do come in", Draco said with sarcasm dripping in his voice. Pansy and Blaise were always over at his apartment, and he was waiting for the point that they end up staying there forever instead of going home. Theo, Draco, Pansy and Blaise were basically a family of their own, or at least they considered each other to be.

  "You know you could never get tired of us." Pansy said as she sat down on the couch next to him, placed her feet on the coffee table, and started to make herself at home.

  "I think I'd be able to find a way." Draco held an apple in his hand, but barely touched it.

  "It's Granger again, isn't it?", Pansy said as she studied his features, and Blaise started to chuckle. "What?", Pansy asked with an annoyed look directed at him.

  "Oh please, like Granger would have this much effect on..."

  "I found bruises on her", Draco said boldly as he interrupted Blaise before he could finish his sentence.

  "But she's an Auror. One of the best ones at that. Don't you think she would get a little beat up when out in the battlefield. That should be a natural thing to get when battling isn't it?"

  "No. Granger is too smart for her own good. She would've taken a healing potion if she fought something dangerous just so she could be perfectly fine to fight the very next day." He turned the apple around in his hand. "She may say that it's just from fighting, but I have feeling that she's lying. It must have something to do with Weasel. I don't know what it is yet, but I'm going to find out." Draco got off the couch and headed over to the kitchen.

"It's finally happened. Mark your calendar."

"What are you going on about this time?", Pansy said in confusion.

"Did you not listen to a single word he just said? Blah blah blah.. Granger. Blah blah blah.. she's in trouble.. blah blah blah.. 'I have to find a way to help her'." Blaise mocked Draco's voice in his last statement. "It's finally happened. He's so in love that he feels the need to save the day."

"Just wait till he sees how that's going to end. Granger can take care of herself and others along the way."

"Watch, one day he's probably going to come home with blue hair cause Granger hexed him."

"Bet 5 galleons that it's because he tried to kiss her."

"You're on", Blaise said placing his hand in front of Pansy before she shook it.

                                 *     *     *

  Hermione held her wand in her hand and pointed it at the wizard in front of her. "Let go of me." Harry took his wand and put it in his pocket.

  "Not until you tell us what Radolphus is up to", Hermione said as the wand started to dig into his neck. When he refused to speak, Hermione thought of a plan-B.

  She spilled the contents of the Veritaserum into his mouth and waited for it to take effect. "He's fighting it", Harry said as he watched him struggle.

  "Where is Radolphus?", Hermione said impatiently. She was frustrated at the moment. With the things she was dealing with at her own apartment and in her own life, and trying to hide her blood-shot eyes and bruises weren't helping her mood.

  "He's... in.. America", The dark wizard choked out.

  "What is his purpose there?"

  "There's something he wants. He never told us what it was. He just wants help getting it."

  Hermione looked up at Harry, and realized that they were thinking the same thing. "Us". There must be more people helping Radolphus with his plan, which meant something bad was going to happen soon.

  "Let's take him to the Ministry."

                                  *     *     *

  Hermione sat in her apartment. The Notebook played on the telly. It has always been one of her favorite movies. A bowl of pasta sat in her lap as she watched the story run through.

  "Why didn't you write me? I waited for you for seven years!"

  "I wrote you 365 letters. One for every day of the year." Hermione loved how the two of them came back to each other after so long.

  "It wasn't over! It still isn't over!" She smiled at the thought of a happy life in the future with Ron, but as things were right now, she didn't see that happening.

  Suddenly a knock interrupted her thoughts. She paused the movie and headed over to the door. The familiar red hair brightened her mood. "Ginny!", she said as she hugged her best friend.

  "I haven't seen you in forever. Unless you count the time I saw you running after Harry last week over who knows what. I honestly don't want to know what he's done this time. I've been caught up with so much Quidditch news that I haven't been able to spend time with my best friend. So how's everything? I hear you're working on a case with Malfoy.. oh no, is that what Harry did? Assigned you with the ferret himself? You haven't killed him yet have you? Oh, please don't kill Harry for it either.." Hermione wanted to laugh at her words. Ginny was known for her rambling and hexing. Which was a reason they were best friends.

"He's alive... for now. Both of them at least." Hermione and Ginny sat down on the sofa as they talked. "Sometimes I think your husband is crazy." Ginny giggled at her statement. "Thinking Malfoy and I are going to help each other is absolutely absurd. The only thing we will end up doing is killing each other."

"I question his reasons for many things, but somehow the best thing always comes out in the end." The two of them continued to talk until Hermione noticed something was off.

"Alright, out with it. I can tell something is bothering you. What's the matter? Has something bad happened?" Suddenly Ginny's cheeks turned pink along with the tips of her ears. It was something that her and Ron had in common.

"Harry and I were talking, and we want you to be the godmother." Hermione sat in confusion for a minute until it finally donned on her as to what she was talking about. Her hand flew up to her mouth in shock, and this was probably the most shocked she had ever been in her life.

"Oh my goodness. Are you being serious?", Hermione asked her.

"One hundred percent", Ginny said boldly.

"When did you find out?"

"Two weeks after our third year wedding anniversary." Hermione had a huge smile on her face at the thought of Harry and Ginny having a child and picking her to be the godmother. "It took me a few days to see the signs. At first I thought that I just got sick on something I ate, but apparently it was something else." The smile stayed on her face until a realization came to her.

"Ginny, I feel honored, but I don't think that it's a good idea." Ginny knew immediately what she was talking about.

"I thought you were going to do something about that? Harry even talked to you about this. My brother may have some problems here and there, but he's still family. He needs time to heal, but he's not going to do anything if you don't talk to him about it."

"But you're child isn't safe here.."

"Neither are you."