Chapter 11 The Helpful Act

"So this thing is what muggles call 'moving pictures'? People aren't really trapped in that incredibly tiny box with weird buttons?", Draco said as one of Hermione's favorite movies played on the telly.

"No, what actually call it is a 'telly'. The screen itself is moving pictures. This is actually one of my favorites." The Notebook played on the screen as the Ferris wheel scene came up. Noah's cockiness was just as bad as Draco's as he literally jumped onto the Ferris wheel cart that Allie was in.

"Muggles are crazy, you people actually do stuff like this?", he said as he watched in horror.

"Not generally, but this is coming from the guy who took part in setting a huge fire to the Room of Requirement." That seemed to shut him up. When Allie was annoyed with Noah's way of asking her out, she yanked his pants off as he dangled from one of the bars of the Ferris wheel bars. Everyone could see his underwear. 'Not so cocky now, are we?'

Noah reminded Hermione of Draco. The blonde hair, the smirk, and of course the cockiness. Hermione was in deep thought until the road scene appeared. Both Noah and Allie laid in the middle of the street, and watched the stop light change colors when suddenly a car started to head toward them. They got out of the way as fast as they could as the car driver honked it's horn. "I'm sticking with what I said earlier. Muggles. Are. Crazy."

She immediately started to laugh at his comment. Her laugh was almost in sync with Allie's, but suddenly she felt the healing potions working, and in her tired state she leaned against something and drifted off to sleep.

That object just so happened to be Draco's shoulder. He was enjoying the film, and trying to ignore the fact that these two people were absolutely insane as he felt a heavy weight on his shoulder, and the bushy mane that came into his range of view: Hermione.

It wasn't right, and he knew that it wasn't. The huge ring sparkled on her finger, and right into his range of view. It was mocking him. When he tried to look away, the light still made it sparkle in his eye. She had dealt with so many things during their Hogwarts years, and she settles for someone who hits her when he doesn't get his way. It honestly made him want to bash the Weasel's head in. For once, Longbottom had more brains then the Weasel.

He noticed something else about her as well. Purple started to appear as her sleeve was partially rolled up, and she had a slight yellow tint around her left eye. The eye must have been from at least two weeks ago, but the wrist was definitely recent.

"Wingardium Leviosa", Draco said to the head that laid against his left shoulder so that he could carefully move and set it back down on the pillow. Apparently, them watching the movie on the bed was her idea. "Granger? Are you sure? The last time we were in bed together..."

"...you and I were drunk. Now we're sober and sane. Besides, it's just one movie."

He sat down on the chair that was pushed against the wall a few feet away from the bed, looked at the sleeping girl beside him, and continued to finish the film.

* * *

Hermione woke up two hours later as the movie credits finished through the screen, and she noticed a slight burning sensation against her check. It was the reason that she woke up in the first place, and it seemed to do the same to Draco as he looked at the phial around his neck. 'Hogsmeade', the phial showed, and she started to toss the covers off her. "What do you think you're doing?", Draco asked as she grabbed her wand and headed over to her closet door.

"To help, Malfoy. I'm an Auror, it's my job. Our friends are in trouble and they need our help."

"Oh no you're not! You're going to stay here and get better. I will go help them."