Chapter 17 Baby Shower

Thursday night, Hermione was in the middle of catching up on her favorite show on the Telly when her phial necklace burned against her skin. There was an attack in progress, and this time it was at the burrow.

   Her heart pounded against her chest. The Weasleys could be hurt or dead right now. She shut off the telly, and shoved her wand into her back pocket before apparating to the Burrow.

   Draco took cover behind the Weasley's new enchanted car, and had his wand at the ready when he saw a shadow coming his way, but he stopped himself from making a horrible mistake when he realized that shadow was Hermione. Draco tried to push the thought aside, but he needed her to be safe.

   Hermione sent a hex toward one of the attackers, and was able to stun him in two hits. Harry, however, was getting Ginny to safety, then Molly, then Aurthur.

  "Expelliarmus." "Reducto." Many different spells were being thrown between the Aurors and the Dark Wizards, but Hermione spotted some of the Dark Wizards heading toward the field.

   Suddenly, the Dark Wizards were able to play with their minds. Hermione made one step into the field when she saw her childhood home. Her parents stood on the other end of the house. She tried to reach out to them, when she spotted something else coming into view.

   Her parents were being tortured by the one and only Radolphus Lestrange. She tried to reach out to them, but her arms were chained to the wall. "Let them go! I'm the one you want!" She tried to reason with them, but it was as if her voice was muted. The more she screamed for them to stop, the more they continued.

  "It's not real", she heard Harry shout. Of course he was the one to our wit them. He was a master of Occlumency. She closed her eyes and once again saw the field ahead of her, but what surprised her most was seeing Draco Malfoy run off into the field carelessly. "Malfoy? Get back here!", Blaise demanded, but Draco's vision was his motivation. He saw his worst nightmare, and he wasn't going to let that happen.

  Draco saw a small room. There was a small crib in the corner and a rocking chair in the other. Hermione sat in the rocking chair while Radolphus held a knife to her throat. "You had a child with a Mudblood?"

  "Please don't hurt them! That's my family!"

   As Draco ran through the field, he tried to push that nightmare aside. He kept running until he would find the person who put that horrible thought in his head. Suddenly, a bright blue light hit Draco in the side, causing him to fall to the ground. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?", the Dark wizard said with a smirk. "Never thought you'd be the one to mistake fiction from reality. You were taught by the best and here you are, looking like a fool."

   Hermione travelled slowly and quickly through the field, and made sure that no one would spot her or hear her. She caught sight of Draco on the ground, beaten and tired. She kneeled down a few feet away so she was still hidden, and when Radolphus turned his back for a second, she took that opportunity to grab Draco's wand. Sparks flew out of the end as she dusted it off and shoved it into her pocket. "The dark lord would be very disappointed", said Radolphus with a shake of the head. "Time for you to join him. Have fun in hell."

  "Expelliarmus", Hermione shouted, caught his wand, and removed the restraining charms on Draco before helping him up. "Alright, you're gonna have to work with me on this", Hermione said as the two of them started to run back toward the Burrow.

   Radolphus was wandless, but he wasn't far behind. When they reached the entrance of the field, Draco and Hermione saw all the Aurors holding their wands up in their direction. Blaise, by mistake, accidentally sent a hex at Hermione's leg, but she wasn't going to let that bother her. "He's right behind us", Hermione whisper/shouted at Harry. Everyone heard the rustling grow louder and louder until he was a few feet away. "NOW!", she said, shoving Draco to the ground.