Chapter 15 Not Perfect After All

Hermione woke up with a huge headache the next morning. She wasn't hungover, she just really hated mornings. She saw the black haired figure standing next to her, and she groaned; throwing herself back down on the pillows. The memories from last night filled her head. "No, just no."

  "Hermione, you need to get up."

  "Why? So more bad things can happen to me? I'd have to decline." She was hoping that a part of him would listen, and walk out of the room right now to leave her in peace, but a part of of her had a bad feeling that he wasn't going to.

  "There's something that you might want to know about." She opened her left eye and glared at Harry as her faced was buried deep in the pillow. Curiosity suddenly filled her mind.

  'Granger's Dancing Surprise', was the main title of the Daily Prophet. "How wonderful", she said with sarcasm. "Do these people have anything better else better to do?" 'Article by Rita Skeeter'. "Of course." She skimmed through the article to discover that it was basically describing her as the biggest slut ever. "Oh would you look at that.. I look like one too", she said in her head and even her mind could spot the unamused voice in her head. The cover picture was her dancing on top of a table.

  "It gets worse", said Harry. She glanced at him for a few seconds before opening the paper even further, and seeing a slightly smaller article that also seemed to feature her night of mistakes. 'Granger goes for Malfoy; article by Rita Skeeter'

  Rita Skeeter basically became famous for others people's mistakes and choices by sharing them with the world. The embarrassment was bad enough, the whole would didn't need to know. "I don't even want to look at that right now. There's someone that I need to see."

                              *     *     *

  Theo was walking through the apartment in the early morning. He desired a huge cup of coffee to start the day. It would make him seem less miserable. Right now, it was the only thing on his mind. That was until his eyes scanned the copy of the Daily Prophet as he passed the table. He walked completely passed it, then back tracked when the situation finally came to him. He dashed over to the kitchen counter and saw the words 'Granger's Dancing Surprise; article by Rita Sleeter'. "That bloody women", Theo said in a foul voice. He hated Rita with a passion, and this just made it ten times worse.

  Draco's owl stood beside the paper and waited for a treat. Theo grabbed a treat from the cupboard and gave it to him before it flew off through the window. "Malfoy, you might wanna see this", he shouted in the direction of the bedroom corridor.

  A very tired Draco came down the stairs and rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes. "Alright, just because you have to get up at seven in the morning doesn't mean you have to make the rest of us miserable." Without saying another word, Theo tossed him the paper and waited for the chaos to start. Now, Draco was fully awake when he saw the two articles. "Things just keep getting worse and worse! You know, I actually feel sorry for her, and I'm actually being honest. That's probably one of the worst ways to spend a birthday, and if Potter hadn't of messed up the potion. Blimey, it's like he did it on pur...." A realization just came to him. Now it all started to make sense. "I can't believe I didn't see it before! There's someone that I need to see", he said before running out of the house, but quickly ran back inside when he discovered that he was still in pajamas, and shirtless. "Right after I get dressed."

Theo chuckled at his behavior. Granger basically had him wrapped around her finger. "Granger, you're going to be the death of him."

* * *

Hermione let go of the handle when the elevator reached the correct level. Wizards and witches can make stairs go to different locations on different days of the week, and make doors appear when you pass by them three times, but can't make an elevator ride smoothly to the next floor.