Chapter 9 Information Found

Things didn't seem to get better for Draco or Hermione. Every time she saw him at work, she would avoid him. Every time he said he wanted to do some training, she made up an excuse to leave and go somewhere else. She kept doing this for about a week and he was starting to get really sick of it.

  He, however, didn't believe her excuses for a second. He knew why she was leaving all the time, but he wasn't going to push it. Things were still quite awkward between the two of them whenever they were alone in a room together, but work still needed to get done, and he was going to get stuff done whether she liked it or not. He thought it was a good idea to go take a look at the places that Radolphus had previously attacked. Maybe it would give them some more information on what has occurred lately. "Look, I know you don't want to be around me right now. So I will go take a look at St. Mungo's, while you head to the Department of Mysteries."

                                   *     *     *

  Hermione agreed to Draco's idea since it meant that she would get away from him for awhile without having to make more excuses. The first place she she decided to look at was the Prophecy Hall. She slowly walked down the hallway to the door before cautiously stepping inside. "Lumos." She was surprised to hear that they repaired the room after the Battle of Mysteries. It had finally donned on her that she had been daydreaming while she was getting deeper and deeper in the Prophecy Hall. She made it all the way to the 115th aisle when one crystal ball seemed to have caught her attention. The name 'Hermione Granger' shined bright inside it, and she grabbed it off the shelf before listening to the words it held.

Love can be a selfish and hurtful game, but choosing the right path has nothing to do with intelligence, but bravery. Whether you're drowning in your pain, or whether your love is fading, be aware that someone else is waiting.

  Hermione held the crystal ball in her hand as she gave it a disgusted look after hearing the prophecy. It was simply just adding to the stress. She slammed it on the ground and watched the smoke rise from the shattered glass. She knew exactly who the prophecy was referring to, other than her: Ron. It only increased her hatred for Divination.

There was nothing more she wanted to see in that room, so she moved in to the next one. 'Historical Artifacts' was the sign on the door. She stepped inside and realized that it was a less creepier version of Borgin and Burke's.

She seemed to recognize a lot of things that she spotted on the many shelves. The crushed Ravenclaw diadem, the destroyed locket of Salazar, biting doorknobs, Dumbledore's watch, a foe-glass, flying carpet, but as she walked past a glass box; she froze and slowly backed up to re-face the box.

She raised her already lit wand at the glass, and saw that it was indeed empty. 'Cursed Necklace', was the label on the glass. She remembered when Draco attempted to hex Katie Bell, which he did in order to give Dumbledore a cursed necklace. Could that be the same necklace? As she turned slightly, she noticed the next item was missing as well. The sword of Gryffindor.

* * *

Draco looked around at St. Mungo's second floor where Radolphus attacked. "Excuse me, do you know anything about the Lestrange attack? I'm an Auror and I'm here to get information." he asked the Healer at the nearby desk, and hoped that she could give him what he was looking for.

  "He attacked one certain room, however, in not quite sure why." She lead him to a room that was down the corridor from where they had been standing. The door was different from all he others. Instead of a plain white door with a patient's name below the window, it was a dark blue door that had a large lock it. Either Radolphus was able to get past all of the enchantments that was placed on it, or they put the locks on after his attack. She let him go inside and left the door open so he could close it when done.

  The room was filled with different potions and healing items, while a penseive stood floated in the middle of the room; probably used for patients who have been obliviated. It was a lot like Snape's potions classroom, but less creepy. The room seemed to be completely fine, as if nothing was taken or broken, but that was how magic worked. However, he did find something that could be very useful information.

  Many phials were placed on one shelf, ready to be served to injured patients, but few of the phials were empty, and he knew that St. Mungo's always kept their potions stocked up. He continued to look around and noticed that several ingredients were missing as well.

He took out the camera that Harry gave him in-case he found some useful information that he wanted to remember and show others. He took pictures of the empty phials and smiled at the fact that they all had labels underneath them.

"Thank you for letting me take a look around. Aurors are here to help." Draco made it a few steps down the corridor and froze in his spot. Did he just say 'thank you' to someone, and not use it in a sarcastic manor. Was he actually being kind to someone? His first thought was to blame Granger for his change in attitude. She was too much of an influence on him, but he needed to tell her that information. As he closed the door behind him, he didn't even notice the Deathly Hallows carving that was placed into the doorway wood.

* * *

"Granger, what did you find?", he asked as he ran into her office and pulled the camera out of his bag, and started to search through the photos.

"Radolphus took items from the 'Historical Artifacts' room. The first item would be the sword of Gryffindor,which explains the slash in your leg you received when Harry's house was attacked. The second item would be a cursed necklace. The same cursed necklace that you tried to give Dumbledore", she tried to stop the words from leaving her mouth, but it was too late to take it back. He probably hated every minute of his past at Hogwarts and what he had to deal with and go through while the dark lord was at large. She didn't know how he felt at the moment as he raised an eyebrow at her statement. "Sorry...I.."

"I thought they destroyed that thing?", he said completely interrupting her. He caught the words that left her mouth, but decided to put it aside. She took her focus away from her mistake and returned it to the matter at hand.

"Apparently..not", she stuttered out. "What did you find at St. Mungo's?"

Draco passed her the camera, and talked as she searched through them. "Some ingredients and potions were taken from the room he attacked. I'm not sure what they're for though. I've never heard of these being used together for a potion." Hermione seemed to have already caught on to what Radolphus was doing. She headed over to her rather large bookshelf in her office, and grabbed the very old, green book to check if her accusations were correct. As she glanced at the camera and the page in the book, she realized that they were. "Malfoy, these are all ingredients to polyjuice potion", she said before taking the book in both hands and holding it at the spine. "The polyjuice potion allows the drinker to transform themselves temporarily into the physical form of another."

"Do you know what this means?", Draco asked with wide eyes.

"Of course, if this is the potion that Radolphus is brewing then we have to be ten times more careful with the people that surround us. Even the people that we hang out with everyday." She paused to look back down at the book before glancing back up at Draco. "Radolphus knows exactly what he's doing, and this could even mean that one of our own friends is fooling us."