6

plan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You mentioned that James takes a photography course, right? Meaning he's probably got a bunch of camera equipment in his dorm." Carl suggested and I nodded, starting to catch on to what he was saying. "You want me to get evidence of him abusing me, don't you?" I stopped walking and crossed my arms, a look of fear and frustration clear on my face. He turned to face me and shrugged. "I mean, its not the worst idea I could've come up with.." After a moment of thought, I sighed and continued walking back to my dorm, letting out a quiet 'True' as I overtook him on the path.

Carl caught up and put his arm around me. "I'm sorry, V, for all of this shit. Sometimes, I wish I'd never let you go.." His voice got quieter as he talked, until it reached a whisper.

I turned to him. "It's not your fault, I just have a bad taste in guys." A grin appeared on my face as I realised what I'd just said.

It took him a few minutes before he gently pushed my shoulder. "Hey! I was your man once." A fake pout appeared on his face and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I'll race you to my room!" I giggled, running around the corner of the hallway.

-later that day;
A key turned in the door and the tall silhouette of James peeked into the room. I sat up and put my phone to the side, quickly checking the position of the camera.

"Hey babe, you okay?" He asked, walking over to the bed. I nodded and went to my desk to 'grab my laptop' when I was really starting to record our 'movie' session. We laid next to each other and I put Clueless on.

Suddenly, a hand ran up my shirt, cupping my boob. I looked at James to see a smirk  plastered on his face. He leaned in but I blocked his lips using my finger. "No."

He moved his head back and rolled his eyes. "Again? For fuck sake Vanessa, it's been 2 weeks since we last had sex! A guys has needs, you know." He complained, getting off of the bed.

I followed and squared up to him. "I'm on my period and I don't feel comfortable when there's a red waterfall down there."

"Its always excuses with you. I bet if I went up to any girl and took them back to my dorm, they'd fuck me straight away. You're lucky to be with me!" He yelled, his hot breath touching my skin.

I laughed sarcastically and threw my head back. "Why don't you? It'd give my bruises time to heal!" My voice was very loud now and I pushed his shoulder back.

"If you do that one more time, I'll give you bigger and more painful bruises then the last ones." His face was in mine and I could tell how angry he was getting. My hand knocked his shoulder again and soon, I was on the floor, my head being bashed against the bed frame. "Never. Fuck. With. Me. Again." He screamed between each hit.

I was reminded of the time Dom beat me up at school and I'd gone crying to the Gallagher's.

A huge weight was lifted off of my body as James stormed out, slamming the door behind him. I wanted to smile, as the plan had worked, but being smashed against metal wasn't a happy thought.

The mini fridge was stocked with cold soda cans so I took one out and held it against my head. I stood up and used my free hand to move the camera towards my laptop so I could plug it in and copy the video onto a disc.

5 minutes later, Elle burst in and tried to keep her breathe steady. She'd run from her last class, which was in the furthest building. "We're gonna be late for our shift! Why aren't you ready?" She managed to spit out and my eyes bulged.

"Fuck! I thought we still had an hour." Panic mode began to kick in and I took the disc out of my laptop, placing it on the closed lid. We quickly changed into our diner uniform before I grabbed her hand and we rushed down the hallway.

-end of chapter;
Hiiii loves, first of all, I got a fringe yesterday and I actually love it sm. You guys got me to 6k on my last book and 200 reads on this book so tysfm. Also, comment your SOTD below. Mine is sHE's brOKen by Billie Eillish xx