eight; battle of the boys

Carl and I were sat at a small table in the corner of Starbucks, sipping on our drinks. He tried comforting me whilst people stared and laughed at us from around the cafe.

All I wanted was for this day to end. It had felt like high school all over again, except there were nudes involved. What sucked most was that I couldn't call my mum and tell her everything.. She was too wrapped up in heroine and Hennessy.

"Why don't you come to my place after? I've got a room in one of the motels and we can chill there for a while." Carl offered, dangling the room key from his finger.

I smiled and nodded at his suggestion, taking another sip of my drink. The door swung open and loud laughter filled the room. James had walked in with some of his classmates and I tried to hide my face but who wouldn't recognise the girl who's nudes had just been leaked.

He strolled towards us, a cocky smirk slapped on his face, and stood by the table. "Well, isn't it a surprise to see you here. I wouldn't have shown my face after those pictures had surfaced. How does it feel to still wear B cups?" James mocked, looking at my boobs.

"Haha, what does it feel like to have a 2 inch dick?" I spat back, giving him a fake smile. Carl chuckled and bit his lip.

"Military boy, you find something funny?" James asked, snapping his head towards him. They both squared up to each other and my body tensed.

Suddenly, they started pushing one-an-other. "At least take it outside." I sighed, trying to break them apart. James grabbed my shirt and shoved me back in the seat.

"What the fuck dude? Are you trying to give the girl anymore scars?" Carl yelled, pushing him again.

James stood still and looked at him with a confused expression. "What did you just say?"

Carl rolled his eyes. "Oh, should I spell it out for you? You abused Vanessa because you thought she'd find a better man who wouldn't hurt her whenever she didn't want to have sex. Fucking piece of shit!" He yelled and I got up.

"Come on, lets go." My voice was low compared to the previous shouting as I tried to get Carl to leave. James grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"You fucking told him?" He said through gritted teeth.

I snatched my arm away. "What do you even care? My life is already shit because of you." Me and Carl walked out of Starbucks but James and his group followed, alongside 20 other students.

"Vanessa!" He yelled but Carl turned to face him.

"Never talk to her again!" He shouted in reply and put his arm around me. Just as we'd turned our backs to the group, Carl was pulled away.

I swung round to see James punching the shit out of him. The crowd ran forward and circled us, filming on their iPhones which their rich daddy's probably bought them.

"Don't just fucking stand there! Help them!" I shrieked, trying to separate the fighting boys. Nobody listened and Carl rolled over so he was on top of James now.

A loud cracking sound could be heard as Carl knocked his head into James'. "Holy shit!" My voice broke and I finally dragged them apart.

Blood trickled down both of their heads and one of them had a busted lip. "He isn't worth it, now drop it Carl." I whispered before helping him to limp away.

As we left, people gathered around James, fussing and trying to get him to stand up. "That prick had it coming.."

-at the motel;
A blood-soaked rag was in my hand as I cleaned Carl's face. He winced as I dabbed the sore skin, occasionally squeezing my hand.

"All done. You want me to get you anything?" I asked, standing up from my kneeling position. He shook his head and laid down on the motel bed.

I washed my hands before the blood stained my skin and walked back into the bedroom. Carl patted the mattress beside him and I obeyed, sitting cross-legged.

"Do you believe in fate?" He randomly asked and I frowned at him. "Well, I think we were supposed to find each other again."

My lips curled into a smile and I placed my head onto his chest. "Stop being such a pussy." I giggled. "When did you become such a sop?"

He subtly bit his lip. "When I fell in love with you."

-end of chapter;
I'm trying to steer away from cliche's but I couldn't resist. AND WHO'S LISTENED TO LANA DEL REY'S NEW SONG?!?! xx