ten; secret meetings

"Are you sure it was her?" Carl asked, taking a bite out of his grilled cheese. I nodded and showed him the chats again.

"What I don't get is how he contacted her.." My head ran through possible ways before a headache started to grow.

My boss came over and stood by the table. He coughed to try and gain our attention. "Excuse me Vanessa, but how many times do I have to tell you to stop chatting up customers?"

Carl chuckled which made me scowl at him. "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." I got up and walked to the kitchen.

"If you stop working again, I'm gonna have to let you go." My boss warned and I groaned. It was back to waiting tables..

-later;
My shift was finally over and I could go home. "Bye Steph, remember to lock up." I said, untying my apron.

The bell at the front door rang and I looked up, freezing. Dominique was now sat at a table, fiddling with a ring on her finger. She seemed to be looking for someone and but it didn't take me long to guess who.

I looked around and re-tied my apron before walking over to her. "Hello, welcome to Bendles." My hands fumbled around with menus and I could see Dominique staring at me from the corner of my eye.

"Vanessa? Wow, it's been a long time." She sighed, scanning me up and down with a judgemental look on her face.

I paused and pretended to be surprised. "Oh, hi Dominique. You waiting for someone?"

She nodded. "Just an old family friend." It was so obvious she was lying but I brushed it off and turned to go.

"Well, give me a shout and I'll be back to take your order." Her hand blocked my path and I stopped.

"Don't bother, we're not staying long anyway." She said before letting me through. Instead of lengthening my shift, I sneaked into one of the empty boothes and put the menu up to my face.

The bell on the door rang again and in walked the person I'd been expecting. "Dominique?" He asked in his low, raspy voice and she looked up. "Well, did you get the photos I sent you?" I watched as he slid into the opposite seat, eagerly.

"Of course, I was waiting on the right time." Dom replied, taking out her phone. "You know, she was in here earlier."

I guessed she was talking about me so I slumped back in case they were looking around. They talked for a while until a laptop came out. Dominique was handed a USB and she plugged it in, gasping at its contents.

I started to panic, my breathes becoming shorter and I had to get out of there. My legs carried me, as first as they could, out of the diner through the back entrance. I slowly walked around to the front of the building where I could see them getting up.

They stood out front and hugged. "See you tomorrow, yeah?" He said, rubbing her back.

Dom smiled and nodded. "Bye James." She replied, turning towards the motel. They both went their separate ways and I came out from behind a wall. My hand fumbled for my phone and I texted Carl.

Me: I'm coming over, I've got a plan.

-end of chapter;
I'm shit with schedules, I'm soo sorry! I'll continue writing now so I have a chapter for later/tomorrow. Ly guys sm xxxxx