seventeen; sHE's brOKen

"I'm fine, my mom just called and it was too loud." I said, exhaling smoke.

Carl took the cigarette from between my fingers and sighed, throwing it to the floor. "We both know your mom is too drunk to even walk up the stairs. At least try a better excuse next time. Now, what's up?"

I still shook my head and tilted it towards him so he could now see half of my face. "Nothing's wrong Carl. When a girl says she is okay, she means it!" I looked across the car park in annoyance, my leg propped up against the wall.

"Again with the excuses. The girl scale is as follows: Great, good, average, sad, pissed, suicidal, fine. Trust me, I've lived with two of them myself. If you don't tell me, I'm going to keep asking until you throw yourself under a car." He pressed, aggressively.

I slapped my hands against the wall and pushed myself away from it. My body spun towards him and my face became cold. "Okay then, I hate how this mystery girl wonders into your life and becomes your main priority. I hate the tension between you two, like you could explode into kissing her face off. I hate the way you look at her, I hate how you got close to her just then and I especially hate the time you give her." I had to stop for a breathe but before I could carry on, Carl cut in.

"Do you hear how jealous you sound? You don't sound that different to Dominique right now." My face dropped and I clenched my fists. "Maybe I do look at her differently, but that's because we have history. Vanessa, she was my first love."

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and kicked a stone. "But why am I even telling you this? You're too selfish and wrapped up in what you want to care anyway." Carl turned towards the doors and pulled one open.

"Wait, I didn-" The door slamming stopped me mid-sentence and I turned back around to face the wall. "Fuck!" I yelled, kicking the bricks but limping once a pain shot up my leg.

Hot fiery tears fell onto the sidewalk as I stepped up to the doors. All I had to do was get my bag and leave, there was no point in me staying anyway. The door dragged open after previously being slammed and the casual bowling sounds re-entered my ears.

I could see Bonnie and Carl bowling so I snuck over and slung my backpack over my shoulder. Laughing was strongly apparent but it soon stopped as one of them turned towards me. "Vanessa, why are you leaving so soon?" Bonnie asked, innocently.

My head nodded in Carl's direction. "Why don't you ask your boyfriend that question? You're the only person who would understand anyway because the rest of us are too selfish." I scoffed, throwing them both a dirty look.

As I turned away, Bonnie's face became confused and her lips were slightly parted. Carl stood with an angry, yet hurt expression on his face but I couldn't care less.

'What goes around, comes back around to bite you in the ass.' I thought as I walked off, leaving them dumbfounded by the bowling lane.

end of chapter;
Just a little short and snappy chapter for you thirsty bitches. Thank you again to my friend Kerilee (kerileestringer) for giving me the idea for this chapter, and also to Vanessa (bubbly-cutkosky) for sending me some future ideas. Love you all xxxx