nine; instagram

"I'll see you around then?" I whispered in Carl's ear as we hugged. He nodded and pulled away. As I turned to go, his hand drew me back into an unexpected kiss.

"Look, I need to go." I whined, covering his mouth with my finger. He licked it and a scowl grew on my face. "You're gross.."

Carl grinned, wiggling his eyebrows, and I finally escaped down the motel steps. "Bye Wilkes!" He shouted after me and I gave him a small wave.

"Bye Gallagher!"

-back at the dorm;
The door opened to reveal Elle biting her nails whilst watching her laptop. "Hey E, you okay?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows together in concern.

She looked up and gestured me to her bed. "Have you seen this?" Instagram showed on the screen and an account could be seen.

@sluttynessawilkes was the user name and I shook my head. "Seriously, a hate account? Is this the fifth grade?" My laugh was nervous and shaky. Elle looked at me and bit her lip.

"There's more.." She selected the most recent post and a collage of photos appeared, showing me and Carl at the motel. "You moved on quick."

My eyes widened. "Fuck, someone stalked me??" I stared at the pictures and started pacing back and forth. "Do you know who did this?" She shook her head and I picked up my phone to FaceTime Carl.

"Hey babe, whats up?" He asked, quickly dropping his smirk once he saw my troubled face.

I put a finger to my lips and flipped the camera so he could see Elle. He nodded and chuckled slightly before returning to a serious state.

"Check your DM's." I demanded, sending him the account link. The seen icon showed in the bottom of the chat and I could hear Carl's breath hitch. "Did you even see anyone outside the motel?"

"No, I swear." He said, running a free hand through his hair. "And there's videos from earlier!"

I bit my lip. "Why does everyone make my life a living hell? First, it was Dominique and now its James! What the fuck did I do to deserve this shit?" My voice was loud and croaky as I tried to hold back tears.

Carl hushed me and I sat down with my head in my hands. "Look, it'll be fine. We're going to find out who did this, okay?" He reassured me and I lifted my head, a small smile appearing on my lips.

"I hope so.." We looked at each other for a minute before I spoke. "We should talk tomorrow, in person. I have work so meet me at the diner around 12?"

"Okay. Sleep tight, angel." His low, seductive voice made my smile grow. Suddenly, I forgot all about the account, James and school. Carl's eyes drew my in and I couldn't stop myself. "Its rude to stare."

I jokingly scowled at him. "Ugh, whatever.." My finger pressed the hang-up button and Elle sat peering at me. "What?" She shrugged and closed her laptop lid, sliding it onto her desk. I changed into a sweater and some shorts before turning off the lights and crawling into bed.

-the next day;
The diner was busy once it hit 11. Groups of gossiping teens shuffled in and out of the diner. One of the booths was taken up by James' clique and unluckily, I had to serve them. They'd say some snarky comment each time I'd take their orders or clean their table.

Finally, after an hour of torment, they asked for the bill. "Thats $28.50 please." I asked, impatiently tapping my foot. James pulled out some cash and rudely threw it at me.

"Keep the change, you need it." He looked me up and down before leading his friends out. I showed him my middle finger and picked up the notes. After clearing coffee mugs and napkins, a dark object sparkled from underneath the table.

I bent down and pulled it out, frowning as I realised it was a phone. James' phone. I looked around before taking a seat in the booth.

'I hope he enjoyed the smashed screen I gave him.' I smirked to myself at the thought of me throwing the phone out of the window.

The screen flashed and I pressed the home button. In my head, I prayed he hadn't changed his password, and to my surprise it was the same. There were several Instagram notifications so I clicked on the app and it opened. His DM's were busy so I scrolled through them until one caught my eye.

"Oh my god.." I gasped, dropping the phone onto the table.

-end of chapter;
I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN THE LAST FEW DAYS!! I've had sm homework but I finished the rest today so now I've written this chapter. Ty to my friend Ikraam for helping me with the plot because I've been struggling recently.. xxx