Chapter Four. New Student.

"What the hell are you doing at my school?"

I gripped my pencil in my hands, sending an evil glare to Grey. First, he stalks me. Now, he's going to my school? He better only be stopping by.

"Well that's not a very nice way to welcome a new student now, is it, Scarlett?"

The pencil broke in my hands. He was pulling on my last nerve.

"Wait, you go here?"

I turned around to see a very pissed of Jace join the conversation, just as confused as I am. Grey looked over at Jace and flashed him a smile, who only glared back at him. What is Jace's problem with Grey?

Grey leaned over my desk, and put his lips to my ear.

"Whether we both like it or not, you're stuck with me, darling."

I shivered as I felt his warm breath against my neck. I could almost feel Jace's gaze on us, he was not enjoying this. Grey looked back at Jace one more time before turning back in his seat. I pulled him back, this conversation wasn't over.

"And this 'danger' that I'm supposed to be in requires you to attend my school because..?"

Grey shot me an angry glare before turning around in his seat. If he is allowed to follow me around and stalk me, I should be allowed to ask one simple question. This wasn't fair.

I sank back in my chair and zoned out of the class, trying to ignore the fact that Grey was sitting in front of me.

After what felt like a lifetime, the bell rang. I grabbed Jace's hand and yanked him out of the class as fast as I could, dodging Grey. We rushed around the corner until he was out of sight, and I caught my breath.

"Scar, what the hell is going on?"

I scanned the hallway for any unwanted listeners before taking a step closer to Jace. Well, here goes nothing. I told Jace everything, starting from when I got on that bike, until now. His eyes widened throughout the whole story, gasping at the end.

"I don't trust him."

Jace whispered to me, almost afraid of being heard.

"Wow! Thanks for stating the obvious, dumbass."

I said, giving him a light punch in the shoulder. He held his arm with his hand and frowned at me, rubbing the spot where I just punched.

"Um, ouch! Are you on your period or something?"

I punched him again, in the same spot. In his defense, I actually am on my period. But he didn't need to know that.

"Jace! Focus!"

He nodded, not letting go of his tender arm. As he opened his mouth to say something, the bell rang. Shit, we're late.

"See you at lunch."

I slung my bag back over my shoulders before quickly turning on my heel and running to my class. I ran through the door, mentally cursing as my teacher glanced at the time.

"You're late. Take a seat."

I quickly apologized, glancing at one empty seat, quickly running to it. I didn't even take a minute to analyze my surroundings as I set my bag down and took out my notes, catching up on what I missed.