Chapter Thirteen. Nightmares.

"Grey, you're being ridiculous."

"Scarlett, just open the door so I know you're safe."

"No way!"

"Well, why not?"

"Because I'm freaking peeing! Let me pee in peace!"

I was currently in the bathroom, screaming at Grey to not come in. He was at the door, pressed up against it. After he brought me home from our little supply run, which turned into a search and rescue mission, he wouldn't let me out of his sight. It's been eight hours, and he's still following me around, freaking out every time I move anywhere. I finished up in the bathroom, opening the door to Grey, standing against the door frame with his arms crossed.

"Wow! I went to the bathroom all by myself! Like a big girl!"

Grey shot a glare at me.

"I don't need your sarcasm. Every time I turn away from you, you're getting yourself into trouble."

I threw on a sweatshirt as I combed through my hair, getting ready to sleep. It had been a long day, and the last thing I needed was Grey nagging at me.

"That's not my fault! You're the one who's a wizard."

"A what?"

I shut my eyes, instantly regretting what slipped from my mouth. I really need to control these nicknames I give to them.

"Nothing. I said nothing. I'm going to bed now."

I motioned for him to leave, but he only stared at me blankly. I raised an eyebrow at him, as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"Um, you can go now. It's time for me to sleep."

"Okay."

I got comfortable in the bed, as Grey climbed in beside me. I pushed him away, as I covered myself with all the blankets.

"Really? You're not gonna let me sleep alone?"

Grey didn't say anything as he stared into my eyes.

"Scarlett, you realize this is my room, right?"

I didn't say a word as I looked away from him.

"And you realize that I give you the pleasure of staying in it, right?"

I sprang up from the bed, giving him an evil smile. He eyed me curiously as I threw the blankets back to him.

"Fine. I'll just go find Jace's room. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

I turned around, heading for the door, as strong arms wrapped around me. Grey pulled me back to the bed, under the covers with him. My body ignited with fire, and sparks all at the same time.

"Why do you care?"

Grey perked his head up as I asked this.

"Care about what?"

"Me."

His silver eyes were prominent, as they held me captive. I could not look away from his beautiful figure.