Chapter Fifteen. Drastic Measures.

Don't be shy, Scarlett. Just open the damn door.

I had been standing outside of Grey's room for a good hour and a half, contemplating on going in. After our heated kiss, and his confession of us being soul mates, I didn't know where to go from there. Honestly, it terrified me. Grey constantly changes his mind, and battles with his emotions. He could change his mind about all of this, and go back to believing he isn't destined to love. The thought of loving him shook me to the core. It was a dangerous game, one I didn't know if I was ready to play. I was still adjusting to all this supernatural stuff anyway.

I pushed the door open just enough for me to slip in, closing it behind me. The room was dark, but it didn't take much to see Grey thrashing around in his sleep. He was having another nightmare. He was clinging onto the sheets, his body in a frenzy. Sweat was glistening from his forehead and bare chest as he called out for me.

"Scarlett!"

My heart broke in my chest as I heard the desperation in his voice, as my name left his lips. I immediately ran to him, my hands on either side of his face. He remained asleep, deep in his dream as I tried to wake him.

"Scarlett..."

His voice was filled with pain and hurt as I shook him. He still remained in his dream. I needed to wake him up, but I didn't know how. Before thinking through what I was about to do, I placed my lips on his.

His eyes immediately shot open as his strong arms found my waist and he pulled me onto him. He deepened the kiss, giving me the familiar feeling of electricity and fire. I pulled away, gasping for air as he stared at me with grey eyes clouded with desire.

"I'd like to wake up like that everyday for the rest of my life."

My cheeks instantly grew red as I looked away from him. I wasn't used to this side of Grey, a romantic side. He was always completely serious, his face a blank look. Staring down at him, his grey eyes were filled with a plethora of emotions, all for me.

"What were you dreaming about?"

He did not remove his hands from my waist as he shifted us so I was laying beside him.

"You."

I rolled my eyes, already knowing he would say that.

"What about me?"

He sighed, pulling me into him. He rested his head against mine, as I closed my eyes. He felt like, home.

"People trying to take you away from me."

He spat out the words, disgusted to even say them. I ignored the fear that settled in my stomach at being anywhere but in his arms.

"Why didn't you tell me we were soul mates before?"

Grey tensed, his arms tightening around me.

"I didn't want to admit it to myself. I've lost so many people, Scarlett. I don't want to lose anybody else."

I looked up at him, his eyes filled with worry.

"When I couldn't find you today, I went crazy. I thought you were gone, Scarlett. I thought they took you. As soon as I knew that you were okay, I didn't care how angry I was at you, or Lis for leaving. I had to tell you what we are."

His voice was shaky, filled with desperation as he held onto me. His arms were wrapped around me so tightly, as if he was afraid I'd disappear.

"You aren't going to lose me. I'm right here."

He brought me even closer to him, our bodies pressed against each other. He buried his head into the crook of my neck as I relaxed against him. We slowly drifted off to sleep in each other's arms, as I wished I never had to leave from this spot.