Chapter Twenty-Two. Answers. (Part Two)

"No."

I croaked out after remaining silent for who knows how long. All this information was coming at me too fast, too much. The room was spinning, my breathing was heavy, it felt as if my world was crashing around me. Is Mason still my brother? Was my mom even my real mom? I felt my breathing pick up as my throat felt as if I couldn't breathe. I had just met these two guys, and they're my family. They're my brothers? Did Grey and Jace know about this? Have they been lying to me about everything this whole time? And for what? To protect me?

"Scarlett."

Julius' voice brought me back to reality as I heard my heaving breathing in my ears. It began to slow as he held my shoulders, his presence relaxing me. I felt that same calming feeling he gave me before, as I returned to normal.

"No. No, no! Get away from me! I don't believe you."

I looked up, Rayne's presence in the room. I shot him a glare, jerking away from Julius. He looked over to Julius, then to me, as his eyes widened.

"Hey! You said you were gonna wait for me to tell her! Dude, that's so unfair! I just missed the biggest moment ever."

I tore my gaze away from him as my eyes fell on Jace. Rayne noticed him too as he scoffed, looking over to Julius.

"Um, why is lover boy here? This is a family issue."

I felt revolted by that word. I don't  even know what the definition of a family is anymore.

"Family? You aren't my family. You don't know anything about me."

I crossed my arms, challenging them as I stood up from the bed. They both seemed unaffected by my words, as they stared back at me with amusement.

"Oh, little sister. We know more about you than you think." Rayne smiled, sending me a smirk. I didn't appreciate his humor.

"You're repulsing! You flirted with me when I didn't have any pants on! Back at the hotel!"

A look of disgust crossed his face as he let out a dry laugh.

"Oh my god, that's so gross. You're my freaking sister, I wasn't flirting! I was making fun of the fact that you and Grey forgot to get dressed after having sex."

Heat instantly spread through my cheeks as I looked over to Jace. He didn't look at me once, his eyes focused on the floor.

"We did not have sex! And how was I supposed to know you weren't flirting? I didn't know you were my brother!"

Rayne continued to laugh at me as my cheeks grew even redder.

"Well, technically you're our half sister."

Half sister? My mind was slowly starting to put the puzzle pieces together. My mom obviously didn't give birth to them, so that leaves one option.

"My dad. We have the same dad."

I held my head in my hands, lost in all my thoughts. This is so confusing, I need to draw a map with all these connections.

"I've never even met my dad, I don't know a thing about him."

Rayne and Julius exchanged glances as they turned back towards me.

"Our father is a story for another day."

I didn't object. I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear anything else. How could my mom never tell me about any of this? Did she know? Is that why she was killed?