Chapter Five. Move in Day.

"I can't believe I agreed to this."

I sighed, as Grey unloaded my bags from his car. Mason followed behind him, struggling to keep all his things in hand.

"I'm letting you live in my house, Scarlett. The least you could do is carry your own shit."

Grey kicked one of my bags at me, and I shot him a glare. I ignored the luggage by my foot and stared up at his huge house. Home, sweet home?

"And your parents just agreed to this? Or are you just so spoiled they give you everything on a silver platter?"

Grey flinched at my words, dropping my bags onto the ground. Sending me a death glare, he turned his back to me and stormed into his house. I looked over to Mason, what just happened?

"They're dead, Scarlett."

Wow, I felt as if I just got slapped in the face. As if Grey didn't hate me already. I picked up my bags from the ground, loading them into the house. After my little comment, I never wanted to face Grey again. Sadly, now I had to see his stupidly beautiful face every damn day.

"I need to talk to you."

Mason nodded, leading me inside the house. We made our way into the kitchen, as he set our bags down on the counter. I gave him an impatient look, as he let out a deep breath.

"I know what you're thinking, Scarlett. But we can't stay at our house anymore, it's not safe. They know where we live, and they could just drop by and kill us in our sleep at anytime."

I crossed my arms, and groaned. I still couldn't believe this was happening. In a matter of two days, my whole life had been completely flipped upside-down.

"Who are they?"

Mason ran a hand through his hair, as he leaned against the counter. I could tell he was frustrated.

"The less you know, the better."

This wasn't fair. If someone was after us, I shouldn't be left in the dark like this.

"I'm not a kid anymore, Mason. You can't leave me out of this!"

Mason flinched as I raised my voice at him. This was the most communication we had in days. He scratched the back of his neck, showing his discomfort.

"Why can't we just call the cops? Someone tried to murder me last night!"

I heard Mason let out a long sigh as he gripped the counter. He tilted his head back up at me, looking straight into my eyes.

"It's not that easy, Scarlett. There is so much you don't know."

Mason snapped at me, only making my anger grow.

"Then explain it to me, don't just shut me out. That's all you ever do."

I felt my voice crack at the end, as I turned away from him. I wasn't going to cry in front of him. I ran straight up the stairs and found the first open door, slamming it behind me. Luckily, there was a bed in the center of the room that I buried my face into. My eyes landed on a TV remote.

This boy better have Netflix.

Turning the TV on, I smiled to myself as all my favorite shows and movies popped up on the screen. Time to binge my life away.

As I was a few episodes into "Friends", my phone rang, pulling me away from the TV. I froze as I looked down at the name appearing on the screen.

Jace.