Chapter 9 - That's why you're so fat.

Let me tell you one thing about Ryder.

He is damn fucking lucky to have such a good cook as mother.

"This is heaven!" I moan as a piece of pancake melts into my mouth.

Carla's eyes twinkle with joy, "Oh Ryder you didn't tell me you had such a great friend!"

"You're only saying that because she's complementing your cooking," Ryder rolls his eyes.

"Which you never do," she huffs.

I gasp in horror, "Seriously? How dare you Ryder! She should be on Masterchef! Shame on you Ryder for not realising this gold! Shame on you!"

I moan as I chew another piece of Carla's magic.

Shit. This is better than heaven.

And I swear Carla has tears in her eyes.

"Kiss ass," Ryder mutters lowly as he throws me a playful glare.

"I heard that jack ass," I narrow my eyes at him.

At first, I was reluctant about cursing in front of his mother. But I noticed how Carla doesn't really pay any attention to it.

Since she's probably used to it because of someone *cough* Ryder *cough* seems to be using curses as a second language.

And come on people. Be honest. Can any one of us really live one day without saying 'shit' 'ass' 'hell' or 'fuck'?

Not if you have friends like Sam.

"Thank you so much Carla!" I hug her as we're about to leave, "For the dress and the pancakes! I loved those!"

"Yes," she chuckles, "You've already said that about a hundred times."

"Come on, hurry," Ryder ushers us as he opens the front door for me to get out, "The rain has stopped for now but it might be back and it's already getting late."

I roll my eyes as I walk past him, "It's really flattering how much you want me in your house," I say sarcastically.

He rolls his eyes but doesn't reply as he tells his mom how he'll be back after walking me home.

"You know you don't have to walk me home," I say stubbornly as we walk side by side, "I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

"I know you are," he glances at me, "But this neighbourhood isn't really safe you know."

I huff, "Like I said I can take care of myself! I'm no damsel in distress."

He rolls his eyes, "So what are you gonna do if a homeless guy attacks you for money or creep wants a good time, huh?"

I don't even hesitate for one moment, "Easy. I kick them in the balls and run for my life."

He burst out in laughter, "That's the answer to everything. Kick the balls."

I grin, "A man's greatest weakness."

"And also strength, don't forget that," he winks at me suggestively.

"Eww," I laugh as I slap his arm, "That's disgusting."

"Hey!" He defends himself, "You were the one that brought up the balls first!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!" I argue childishly, knowing full well it was me that brought it up first.

"Did too- you know what?" Ryder sighs exasperated, "I'm just going to be the bigger person and not indulge in a childish argument with you."

I glare at him but don't say anything.