Chapter 18 - My head thinks it's Beyonce's ass.

Dedicated to savage-nerd!! Because she's really amazing and such a sweet friend!!!! Thanks so much for the support!

My thoughts are all over the place as I brush the stack of hay also known as my hair. I bite my lip in nervousness.
Nervousness which is almost overruled by excitement.

"We're just friends, right?" I ask to my reflection in the mirror.

She stares back at me with pink cheeks and wide eyes.

"What are you looking so bloody hopeful for?" I scowl at her.

She still looks excited with a small lovey- dovey smile on her face.

I groan in frustration and throw myself on the bed, "Damn it, Lisa! He just sees you as a friend! Nothing else! Get that though your fucking skull and stop looking so hopeful!"

I turn sideways facing the window. The slightly cold air of evening is breezing past my curtains. Summer had just ended a month ago but the weather is already turning cold. Fucking people polluting the environment.

I clutch my hair brush tightly to my chest and sigh.

I'm no Emma Watson. I don't think I have eyes to drown some poor guy in. I don't have luscious lips or beautiful skin. I think I probably have some freckles on my nose. I don't have straight shiny hair or bouncy curly hair. I have a hay stack which is neither brown nor red. And the glasses I wear probably covers half of my face.

Guys listen, I'm seriously not depressed. I'm just stating facts. I know that I'm an amazing person. I always put others before me and I always smile no matter how hurt I am.

In the inside, I'm beautiful, yes. But on the outside? No, not really. So can someone ignore my exterior look and see my beautiful interior?

Can he?

I don't think so. But I hope.

Is hoping for something that you're 99% sure won't happen is that wrong?

Who knows?

To say I was surprised when Ryder dropped the bomb on me would be an understatement.

He didn't say anything afterwards and just stomped away as if he was angry with himself.

I know I'm not that bad that he would be so angry to only go to a carnival with me.

So what is the case here?

The words from the girl, Celia, rings in my ears.

"Oh Ryder....You're talking as if your aren't already a murderer."

What was she talking about?

What is his past?

What about his brother?

So many questions swirl in my head.

Growling at myself I get up to get ready. I'm not a pathetic girl who's only gonna blush madly and stutter! I'm going to this carnival because I want to and if Ryder is going with me then it's bloody fine! I'm his friend and I'm going to act like it. It doesn't matter if he likes me or not but I'm going to ask him about his past.

I've given him enough time, I think. And my curiosity is becoming larger than Texas so the least I should do is ask him

But if he doesn't tell me...

Then it's fine.

You give up way too easily.

Great, here you are. I was wondering if you had died.