Chapter 25 - I'm gonna have sex with Marylin Monroe in heaven.

Do point out grammatical mistakes and typos! ♥♥

Ryder POV

I stare at the barrel of the gun that was pointed at me for a few seconds.

Then my eyes cast upwards at the holder.

"Jay," my jaw clenches as I take in his form. It's dark out here, yes. But I can never forget what his face looks like. Or his scar that runs down his forehead, tracing his left eyebrow and ends in his cheek.

The scar that is a reminder of my past.

"Ryder," he narrows his eyes at me while his grip on the gun tightens.

Slowly, I rise up from the ground while keeping my eyes fixed on him.

From the corner of my eyes, I see another guy pointing a gun at me. My eyes widen.

Cameron.

Cameron was the kind of guy that always bullied people. He loved pushing people's buttons, testing them to the limit. Naturally he and I never got along. And to say he hated me for always ruining his plans to torture innocent people, would me an understatement.

Great. Two people who hate me are pointing a gun at me.

Awesome.

I narrow my eyes at Jay, "Where is she?"

A slow smirk grows on his lips, "Dead."

I mirror his smirk and cock my head to the side, "Don't try to play me Jay. I knew it was a bait all along. A bait to lure me out. To kill me. How do I know that? Simple. Because I know you."

"Of course you know me," he narrows his eyes at me infinitesimally, "You were my best friend. My partner. The person who was supposed to have my back."

I cross my arms in front of chest and raise an amused eyebrow at him, "Still being a drama queen I see."

I know I'm making the situation worse. But I'm buying time. So my friends can get Allie and get out of here safely.

No one needs to die anymore because of me.

He sneers at me, "Drama queen? Because of you, I got caught. Because you were a damn coward and couldn't kill a few people. Because you went to the police."

"Is that what this is all about?" I ask incredulously, my buy-time act slipping, because this time I'm genuinely pissed off, "That I couldn't handle anymore of this drugs shit and wanted to come clean?"

"It's about you not having my back!" he shouts, "Because of you, the cops raided our warehouse! My dad lost everything! He had a fucking heart attack because of this!"

That does it.

"Because of me?" I glare at him with all my hatred, "Because of you my brother is dead! You're lucky that I just went to the police and didn't kill you myself!"

"Because of me?" he cocks his head to the side arrogantly, "Who was the one that pulled the trigger? Me or you?"

I stumble back with shock.

I know....I know that...

But hearing that from your ex best friend...

Is really something.

I watch his fingers flex as he grabs the trigger.

He is seriously going to shoot.

But before he pulls it, suddenly a war cry is heard.