The Point of No Return

Harry’s POV

I checked up on Avery once more to find her sound asleep in her bed.

My eyes hungrily drank in her small form, hidden under the blankets. I literally felt thirsty for her, not like a vampire, but…

...like I wanted to devour her completely.

I didn’t just want her blood, the liquid running inside of her, like a vampire did. No, I was much greedier. I wanted her entire being - I wanted her soul.

Her soul called out to me, and she was mine.

I could sense it that first time she bumped into me at the mall. I lied to her a bit earlier, saying that because she lacked faith, she was able to see me. I had a human form for the sole purpose of walking amongst humans; anyone could technically see me. Even her brother saw me.

But she easily believed my lie.

Poor, oblivious girl.

I honestly couldn’t believe how easy it was to lie to her. She believed me immediately. As I sat upon the chair in her room, gazing at her with a thoughtful expression, I thought of all the fun we were going to have. With her simple mind, I could have tons of fun.

I could probably make her believe in anything.

And the sad thing was that she was once a major Christian. I saw that her life had been disrupted once her family was killed; she was literally on the brink of falling over towards my side.

All she needed was a little push.

And I was that push.

It was like child’s play, manipulating her to make a deal with me. I could’ve laughed. She was so incredibly eager to have revenge, even though I could still tell she had a bit of hesitation in her, especially when I told her that because of the deal, she had a heavy price to pay.

She had no idea what she dug herself into. It made me smirk with triumph; she had a strong soul, I had to admit. She believed heavily in something, but her mind was very easy to sway.

Or maybe it was because I was one hell of a persuader.

But either way, she was a fool for taking the word of a demon.

I stood from the chair and towered over her body, standing to the side of the bed. I drank in her dark hair, and her smooth skin, seeing how her long hair curved into loose curls against the light pillow; the darker color of her skin contrasted greatly with the lighter color surrounding her. And her eyes were closed loosely, her thick eyelashes swept, dry, unlike before when she nearly cried.

“Soon, you’ll be all mine,” I whispered, my lips curling into a mischievous smirk as I grew an idea. “No. You’re mine now, you just don’t know it yet.”