Eighteen

Hey guys! Wow, I have a lot to tell ya'll. 

First of all, I've decided not to publish Vindictive as an original work. I feel like it's better off as a fanfiction--it's just better for ya'll, the readers, and me because I feel like a total newb when it comes to the world of professional publishing. I feel like I have a lot of room for improvement, and before I make a career out of writing stories, which is something I hope to eventually do, I feel like I need more practice and experience. When I publish something, I want to feel 100% positive about it, and I've started having second thoughts with Vindictive and eventually decided to not publish it. This is good for ya'll because hey, I already completed the story, I just have to post the chapters and edit through the names beforehand ;D I think I also mentioned wanting to publish Twisted as well, but as of now, I won't be publishing any of my fanfiction. My fanfiction will all remain fanfiction. but nonetheless, thank ya'll so much for your endless support and encouraging words! And without further ado, here's the next chapter!

----

"There's nothing to talk about."

"You can't lie to me, Harry. We're connected, remember? I felt everything you just did." I insisted, and he looked away from me again. I gritted my teeth. "I don't understand...you said you didn't remember anything from your human life?"

"It doesn't matter."

"It does matter."

He stayed silent, and once again, his eyes refused to look up at me. In fact, he closed them, his scowl deepening along his pale face.

His blood was really beginning to pool around him, but it wasn't as bad as it was before. Most of it was dry and dissipating. I knew it wouldn't take long for him to regain some of his power now that he was healing.

But something didn't make sense.

If he was a full-fledged demon, how was he able to remember what happened? I grew suspicious, wondering if Harry lied to me about even being a demon. I recalled everything he told me, and I realized I truly was a fool for taking any of his words. He could've lied to me about anything, and I wouldn't have even known it, since he was a master manipulator.

At this point, I couldn't tell what was true or false.

"What are you?" I whispered, letting my eyes trail along his features. With his eyes closed and body limp, he looked like a dead corpse. Despite the scowl etched on his face, he seemed serene, as if he was asleep. But I knew he wasn't asleep.

I thought back to the facts I always knew about demons. They were Lucifer's minions, the tormentors in Hell. They sought desperately for a soul to take because they had never been alive. But Harry was once alive. He had a mother and father-a family, and they were taken away from him just like mine were.

That was when it hit me.

He wasn't a demon.

"Precisely." Harry said quietly, his eyes still closed. "I'm not a full-fledged demon like I said. I lied to you. I'm only half a demon, which is why I'm not as powerful as the others. It's impossible for a human to become a demon. You can't just become a demon because demons never truly existed."