Chapter 7

A/N: Hey Pals!! Sorry for the late update, but here it is. Last week was kinda crazy, but I'm back. Remember to share/comment/vote 

The first bit of dawn was beginning to seep into the room through the little window somewhere on the wall above Cassidy. She moaned as she opened her eyes. The headache that had been plaguing her since last night was nearly unbearable. Last night............

Cassidy thought about it again....It seemed surreal to her now, even though she could still recall the feeling of their kiss. She shook her head, attempting to clear it. Today she would make her escape.

Why bother? What do you have waiting at home? Why leave the one person who seems to love you?

This voice crept into Cassidy's mind and wove its fingers through her thoughts. She couldn't let it control her. Owen was crazy, and she needed to leave!

Leaving would be futile, you'd just want to come back. Or do you really think you could turn him in to the police?

Cassidy tried her best to ignore these little whispers as she strained to listen for any movement outside. Whatever way she thought about it, if she stayed here she would die.

As the morning wore on Cassidy finally heard the slamming of doors, the start of an engine, and the crunch of gravel that signified Owen's daily departing. Hurrying, Cassidy grabbed the hack saw she'd hidden under the self. Its handled still had a layer of dried blood caked on, but Cassidy barely spared a thought to this. She readied the saw as best she could in her restrained situation.

If you start cutting there's no going back. Owen will find out and he will kill you. Why ruin this for yourself? Cassidy shook her head clear and started sawing.

It look so long that her arm would cramp up and she'd be forced to wait several minutes before resuming. With one arm cuffed to the self, she wasn't able to get a good angle to cut the chain so it was slow going. But eventually the saw completed its work, and the chain snapped.

Cassidy stretched the previously restrained arm painfully. It was very sore, but she'd have to make due. Clinging onto the shelf for support, Cassidy stood up for the first time since she'd arrived. Her legs shook beneath her weight, and a fresh wave of pain shot through her ribs, and after she'd gotten used to their dull ache.

Maybe escaping would be harder than she'd thought, but there was no turning back.

With great difficulty Cassidy made her way out of the Tarp Room and towards the door. She reached the door after several minutes, panting heavily. Gripping the door handle she braced herself for her next act of rebellion. However, when she tried to open it Cassidy found that the door was locked.

Now what? Her voice taunted. Cassidy gritted her teeth, and she tried to keep back the tears of frustration welling up inside of her. As panic threatened to overwhelm her, she thought about the window back in the Tarp Room.... Yes, it might just work.

With renewed determination she traipsed back to the tarp. Cassidy looked at the small window. It was smaller than she thought, but she was pretty sure she'd still fit. Grabbing a hammer off the table she stood on the first level of the shelf. The window was still too high. Bracing herself, Cassidy placed the hammer on a higher self and pulled herself up. And again. Finally she was level with the window, but sweat beaded her forehead and her head was spinning. Cassidy took the hammer and hit it against the window as hard as she could.

The angle of the swing was awkward as she held onto the self with her other hand. The first one didn't seem to do much damage, but she wasn't done yet. Cassidy continued batter the window until cracks appeared.