Chapter 8

A/N: Whhaaatt? 2 updates in a DAY?? yeah don't get too excited. This chapter is short and I'm considering combining it with the last one...let me know whether I should keep them separate. share/comment/vote 

And of course enjoy.

The light and Owen's shouting grew closer to Cassidy, but she kept going. Right now she was limping along the backside of the property as fast as she could go. It was unfortunate but between her ribs, left ankle, dizziness, and her hand Cassidy wasn't moving as fast as she would've liked.

Her plan right now was to sneak along the backside of the property then cut to the house and leave through that opening while Owen was searching for her elsewhere. It was risky, and there was a big chance she'd be caught, but this was the best she had.

Panting heavily Cassidy pushed on as the shouts started fading in the distance. She glanced over to the lights of the house. They were so close. Suddenly, Cassidy didn't hear the shouts at all. Owen must be on the other side of the property.

Thinking this was her chance Cassidy made a beeline for the house. She clutched her throbbing hand to her side as she sprinted as fast as she could. This was it, she'd make it to the road and find help! She could do it!

"Cassidy, stop running."

It was like he materialized from thin air. Suddenly he was standing there like a specter among the tall grass. Owen flicked on his flashlight, blinding Cassidy. She stumbled to a stop and flung her arms over her eyes.

"Ack!" Owen, where did he come from! He must have turned off his flashlight and stopped screaming to trick her into coming out into the open... No...no...nonono. Cassidy was going to die! He was going to kill her!

Cassidy fell to her knees and crawled toward Owen. Crying she grabbed his leg.

"P-please don't kill me.. Owen... please.. I-I didn't mean it..."

"Oh shut up!" he yelled, as he drew his foot back and kicked Cassidy, who was flung back. "I guess you were just playing me for an idiot yesterday, huh? 'I like your kisses Owen. Love me Owen'. You really are a good actor." Cassidy lay on the ground gaping at Owen like a fish. She gulped.

"No..no I wasn't. I-I still love you Owen! I wasn't trying to trick you!" Cassidy was frantically yelling. "I just want to leave... I just want to go home..." Now she was sobbing over his leg again. Owen's eye's widened for a moment. But then he sighed.

"You know, no one has been looking for you." Cassidy looked up. "I don't think your aunt reported you missing even. There's been no police activity or posters, nothing. I've been checking. Go home, don't make me laugh. You have nothing to call home. You're just trash no one cares about." Cassidy started to cry again. He was right, she knew. Him, the voice... they were just telling the truth....

"Come back to the shed, Cassidy." Sniffing she wiped her face with her tattered sleeve.

"D-does this m-mean you forgive me?" she asked timidly.

"As long as you come back to the shed without a fight, yeah. Can you stand?" Cassidy tried to stand, but her legs collapsed from under her.

"Man, you're really beat up." Owen grunted as he wrapped an arm around her and started walking her to the shed. "Your ankle.... And your hand too." After a bit Cassidy's eyes started closing, and she vaguely noticed the squeak of the shed door...and the rustling of the tarp. She felt the chill of concrete against her cheek.

"You really did a number on that window. Pretty gutsy, I'll give you that. I'll let you stay in here, but I can't have you escaping anymore..." Cassidy tried to sit up, but Owen slammed his foot down on her stomach.

"Ack!" Cassidy cried out as her ribs hollered again. She had a bad feeling about this...

"I guess, your foot is messed up, but you can still walk on it. That's no good." Suddenly Owen took his foot off her torso and stomped on Cassidy's injured ankle.

"Ack!"

"Yep. No. Good." With each word he slammed his foot down on Cassidy's ankle. Every blow brought more pain, and Cassidy tried to squirm out of harm's way. But no matter what he didn't stop, until.

CRACK

Cassidy let out a scream as she felt her something in her ankle snap. Immense pain shot up her leg. Panting slightly Owen was smiling.

"That's more like it!" On his last word Owen stomped one final time. Cassidy let out a mangled scream. "Oh wait.." he said while scratching his head. Cassidy was panting and crying, just trying to stay conscious through the pain.

"Even with a broken ankle, you can still stand up if you used your other leg. Well then.." Owen turned and started searching his tool table. Cassidy tried desperately to drag herself away from him. "Ah, found it!" Cassidy whipped around and saw him holding up...a mallet.

"No.. No please no Owen!" Cassidy started scooting away as best she could. Owen scowled.

"Stay still." He used one foot to pin Cassidy and prepared to bring the mallet down on her right leg....

"No! Noonono Pleeeaaase! Owen!" Cassidy was sobbing and pleading hysterically now. Owen was grinning widely as he threw his weight down into the swing, heading straight towards Cassidy's lower leg.

She passed out before the mallet even made contact. 

A/N: Yikes here we go. This chapter was particularly inspired by Killing Stalking (Pls check it out its so good). Here's the link again https://www.lezhin.com/en/comic/killingstalking