Chapter 2

Finny and Mey-Rin's voices greet us.

"Master! You're hurt!" The two exclaim. "I just tripped while I was out, don't worry about it." Ciel grumbles at the two. I feel the atmosphere shift, their attention probably being shifted towards me. Sebastian had carried Ciel while I simply held onto his sleeve and walked by his side.

"Who's that?" Mey-Rin inquires, curiosity dripping from her tone. "Aylin. Starting today, she's a new servant." Sebastian tells them. "But... isn't she blind?" Finny presses, a head tilt evident in the slight change of pitch and direction. I reach out to where Finny's voice was coming from. I lightly run my hands across his face. I rest my thumbs on his eyes and scan his memories.

I feel needles prick me, my wrists hurting at the strength Finny uses to pull at the restraints. He eventually breaks free, a new found strength within him from the inhumane experiments.

"Finnian. Sixteen years of age, experimented on with no other memories than a lab. Due to the experiments, he gains an unnatural strength. He breaks free and finally is met with the outside world, only to find Sebastian and Phantomhive waiting for him. Phantomhive gives him the name Finnian, which is then later shortened to Finny. He becomes gardener, but despite his gardening abilities being subpar, when it comes to defending the manner, he is completely competent." I read off, my habits of saying aloud the memories I see burned into me due to the mafia abusing my abilities.

"Oh." Finny and Mey-Rin chime in unison.

"Yes, now, she'll be staying in one of the servant's quarters." Sebastian adds. "Young Master, I must apologize. I've done something unforgivable: Dinner preparations are no where near done." Sebastian apologizes, his voice lowering down to my hight. Ciel scoffs before walking off, probably towards the manner. "I'll also be getting you a cane so that walking will become more convenient for you." Sebastian concludes in my direction before I hear his receding footsteps.

I reach out, patting air as I slowly begin walking forward.

"Do you need help?" Mey-Rin asks, her hand coming into contact with mine. I work my hand around hers so my thumb rests in her palm. I work to her most recent memory, all the things she's seeing but slightly delayed. She begins walking forward, her vision blurry and shaky in the glasses she wears. As Mey-Rin helps me, I begin going through her memories, biting my lip to keep from speaking the memories aloud.

Her farsightedness is amazing. That explains the glasses.

I continue going through, eventually seeing that she was a professional Marksman.

Amazing.

She holds different types of weapons, sniper rifles without their scope, pistols, and other hand guns, her aim second to none. Sebastian arrives while she's on a job, proposing she joins the Phantomhive estate as a servant. She fights back but eventually meets Ciel, Sebastian forcing her.

So that's their play at getting, "servants". It's obviously not based on the ability to clean or do any house work, it's on their ability to protect the manner.

My vision returns to Mey-Rin's. She guides me to a side door in order to avoid the front steps. We're greeted by a small old man drinking tea. I release Mey-Rin's memories and go back to my own blindness. Mey-Rin gingerly guides me nearer to the old man. "This is Old Man Tanaka." Mey-Rin introduces cheerfully. I reach my hands out cautiously, slowly gliding my hands up and down Tanaka's facial features.

I already know Tanaka and his unusual amount of intellect for a servant. According to memories, this is, "Real Tanaka".

"And who is this young lady?" Tanaka inquires kindly. "Aylin." I respond, bowing my head lightly, "I'm a new servant." I inform Tanaka. "Interesting." Tanaka comments. I nod in agreement before pulling away from Tanaka and reaching out for Mey-Rin. I grab Mey-Rin's arm and follow her as she continues to walk. "There are some stairs up ahead, there are!" Mey-Rin tells me. "Up or down?" I question. "Down."