Chapter Sixteen

IAN'S POV

Carl pushes me making me fall down to the floor. "What are you doing?" He screams.
He understood what I wanted to do.
"He put drug in Ele's drink." I scream back to Carl.
Carl looks at Ele who was still sleeping. I couldn't look at her, I felt so guilty and worried. I am too dangerous for her, why have I let her enter in my world?
Ash giggles and, with a big smile on his annoying face say "Call the ambulance, at the hospital they will look after her and in a few of hours she will be fine."
~~~

Hospitals give me anxiety, all those sick people remind me how cruel life could be. They were bringing Ele in a room using a stretcher.
"Are you a relative, her boyfriend..?" A doctor asks me.
"No.. I am.."
Who was I for her? What can I say? I am neither her boyfriend nor her friend. Our relationship was so complicated. Someone of the crew calls us "friends with benefits". Well I can't say "I am her friend with benefits" to the doctor. He wouldn't understand.
"So ? The question is easy. Who are you?" The doctor asks again and it pisses me off.
I will say that I am her boyfriend so they may let me enter in her room.
"I am her.."
A lady with short black skirt pushes me and says "I am her mother. Where is she?" She doesn't even look at me when obviously she noticed me.
They both walk away and enter in a room, probably the room where Eleanor was staying.
Fiona arrives and hugs me "What happened? Where is she?"
"I don't know where she is. I guess her mother entered in her room but since I am not a relative or confirmed by her I suppose they won't let me see her."
"Does her mother know you are her boyfriend?" She asks.
"I am not her boyfriend. Not anymore. Her family is different from ours. They are a wealthy family, in case you didn't notice Fiona, her mother doesn't want me in Ele's life."
"I can talk to her."
"Fiona. Seriously. I'll ask the doctors about her health."
Carl arrives "Fiona I will stay with Ian. Go home, please."
Fiona rolls her eyes and leaves.
"Thanks bro."
"Come in the bathroom." He says and we walk in the bathroom.
"Give me the gun. I'll bring it home. Then we need to talk about what happened."
He leaves to go home. I see Eleanor's mom sitting in a little table probably waiting for the doctors to call her. I walk toward her, I have to talk to her and ask her about Ele, ask her to talk to the doctor and let me see her.

"Good evening.."
Shit, am I dumb or what? Say good evening to a woman who has her daughter at the hospital is not a good way to start a conversation.
She looks at me with that bitchy attitude which reminds me of Ele.
"Oh, you are that boy.."
I smile lightly but she doesn't smile at me back.
I take a long breath and speak "How is Eleanor ..?" I ask.
"And you are? Not her boyfriend. She told me you two broke up therefore you wanted to drug her or what?"
What? I would never drug her.
"what the.. I didn't drug her. I brought her here and I was worried, I actually care about her a lot."
She raises an eyebrow "Oh, you care about her? Really? Then why didn't you take care of her, how didn't you notice that someone was putting something in her drink?"
"I am not her supervisor. However as I said, I care about her and I would like to see her. If you ask the doctor to let me enter in the room I'd appreciate it a lot."
I try to act nicely but that woman was pissing me off.
"I bet she will run to you as soon as she comes back home. She has always loved fuckboys and bad boys like you. Don't worry."
"Listen, I know that I may not be the perfect boy for your daughter but I'll try my best to defend her, since now on. I want her to be in my life. I neither have as much money as you nor have the best family in the world but I care about her and if you give me only one chance. I'll swear I won't let anyone touch her anymore. "
"Fine. But try to hurt her and I will ruin your life. I haven't been a good mother back in the years but I want to be present now and I want to know who my daughter is dating. I don't know how or why but she seems to care about you more than she cared about her previously boyfriends so yes. I will give you this one chance. Waste it and you are out."
I nod.
She then talked to the doctors in order to let me see her.
I stayed with her 1 hour in the room alone while her mother was with Eleanor's little sister.
I took time to think about when I met her for the first time at school, I though she was only one more girl to fuck around with but then she began to be even more important and now I am wandering around an hospital just because Ash had the amazing idea of drugging the girl I was seeing.
Funny how life can change in a couple of months.
Eleonora slowly opens her eyes and I take her hand. She rubs her eye, right like a baby just woken up. I smile "How are you baby?"
"Where is my mom?"
"She will be here soon with your sister too. Do you want me to call the doctors?" I ask
"No.. stay here. I have a terrible headache."
I nod and gently press my lips on her lips.
"You worried me."
"I want to sleep now .. tell my mom I am fine.. "
She falls asleep, she sounded so cold, was she mad at me? I go out the room and talk to the doctors to say she is fine and that she felt asleep.