Chapter 2

High school days are finally over at last and I couldn't be happier. it was time for mom to keep to her promise and I didn't see the sign of that coming.

** ** **

I sat on my bed reading a fashion magazine I got from mom's room when Claris called and told me she was coming over. When I heard the door bell ring I knew she had arrived and went downstairs to open the door for her. Just as she stepped inside and I closed the door behind her, my mom declared from the kitchen where was preparing dinner for some group of her co-workers she invited.
''How are you doing Clar?" Aww yeah right! she knows the only visitor I can ever have is Claris."
"I'm great Mrs Smith" Claris replied squeezing my hands.
"Thank you." She continued.
"Clar could you please tell Sandy to help me out here in the kitchen it seems all my talking has no effect on her, maybe you could help." Mom said sarcastically and came out of the kitchen holding a spatula.
Claris looked at me and I could recognize that smirk of hers I hate some much slowly forming on her face.
"Why don't you want to help you mom out Sandy?" Claris asked.
"Well, you could tell my mom to help me out." I replied rolling my eyes before finding my way back upstairs.
"God really blessed me with a daughter didn't he." I could hear mom complain to Claris.
"But a spiteful one."
"Oh Mrs Smith, Sandy isn't spiteful, she is just, you know, maybe not in the mood to do kitchen chores right now'' Claris defended me.
"I could help you if you really need an extra hand."
''Oh dear its Ok, I can handle it, just go upstairs and tell your friend to stop being such a whinny baby.'' I heard mom say, I pictured her practically demonstrating the 'whinny baby' with that spatula she was holding.

Seconds later, Claris was in my room.
''Seriously babes, my mom has issues.'' I complained flipping through the pages of the magazine that I wasn't even interested in anymore.
''Sandy, she is your mom. Who knows she probably has her reasons for restraining you from, you know, stuffs.'' Claris replied sitting on my bed next to me.
''Yeah right, I've heard that like a million times.'' I scoff.

I and Claris talked about so many stuffs like a concert she bought tickets for, this boy that won't stop bugging and stalking her, how she can't wait to go into college and a very ridiculous combination of outfit she saw a lady wearing.

''Thank you so much for coming Clar. I really needed someone to at least chat with. One of these days, I would come visit you.''

Claris just looked at me and laughed out really loud, I then realized how really weird my situation was.
''You seriously are not serious.'' she replied amidst laughter.
''Well I seriously am.'' I defended myself trying not to feel so out of place.
''We would see about that, do you even know the address to my house?''
''Jeez Claris don't make this any harder for me. Of course I know the address to your house, I've had it for like years I guess.'' I said raising an eyebrow.
''Yea you guess. I guess too.'' She laughs. She just couldn't stop laughing at this my sudden proposal of visiting her.
I couldn't blame her though, I've promised her several times to pay her a visit and I keep collecting her address every time I promised and I also always apologize every time I broke the promise.

So, telling her now that I was going to pay her a visit would probably sound like a cliché to her.

''Well, I'll be expecting you Miss Smith.'' Although she used my last name, she sounded more encouraging than sarcastic and that is exactly what I need.
''And I hope I don't disappoint you again.'' I replied with a very reassuring tone.
''And hey, wish me luck because even though it means fighting with my mom again, I'm so going out of this house.'' I sounded more like I was bragging.
Well I don't care because I mean the fighting part.
Claris just kept laughing and this time she was rolling all over on the floor. Ha-Ha this might as well be the worst case scenario ever known I thought to myself.