Chapter 7

After few minutes, I was sitting next to Beck in Claris's car. He folded the roof and the feeling of the cool evening breeze on my face was very appealing.

At this moment, I feel really free, I feel like a bird and all I want to do is do this again, again and again with this cute guy sitting next to me.

''So what is your favourite place in the world that you've never been to?'' Beck's voice jerked me from my thoughts and fantasies.

''I'll love to go to Paris.'' I said smiling.

''Oh Paris, that's cool.'' He complimented nodding.

''What about you?'' I asked twirling a strand of my hair with my fingers.

''No special place actually, I simply love being at home.''

''So what are you, a homeboy?'' I asked watching his hair flow along with the breeze.

''Well, you can call me that.'' He smiled turning right to look at me.

''Watch the road Beck, you don't want to get us killed.'' I said slapping his laps playfully.

''You are not too young to die.'' He replied leaving the steering completely.

The car tilted left and looked like it was going out of the road and without thinking, I screamed my lungs out.

''What the hell is wrong with you.'' I screamed at him and at same time laughing.

''Relax ma'am is fun to get crazy sometimes.'' He said smirking.

''Well I'm not used to crazy.'' I said lowering my voice.

''I could make you get used to it.'' He offered smiling.

I love it, I love the way his mouth tilt to one side when he smiles. Maybe most guys smile this way too but I never seemed to notice. I just notice lots of things about him that I never noticed in any other guy before.

''You know, when I was little, I always thought that everything with 'French' added to it was made by the French people.

''Are you serious?'' I asked laughing out loud.

''Yeah, you know, the French toast, French fries, French bread, French window, French kiss and every other frenchy thing out there.'' He said tapping his fore fingers on the steering at every mention of a French thing.

'Frenchy' Is that even a word, I thought to myself.

''So you knew what French kiss was when you were a child?'' I asked raising an eyebrow.

''Aw Sandy, I had my first kiss when I was in kindergarten at the age of four and  I French kissed a girl when I was still in grade school, so yes, I've always known what French kiss was since my childhood.'' He explained somewhat proudly.

''Oh, interesting.'' Was all I managed to say.

''So, what's the name of your boyfriend, he sure is a very lucky guy you know.''

Boyfriend indeed, when I can't even boast of a male friend, except him now, maybe. I said within me.

''Well, there is no lucky one.'' I replied looking out of the window.

''You are kidding me right.''

''I wish I were, I really have no boyfriend Beck.'' I replied tapping my knees.

‘’I don’t understand, is that you don’t like guys or…’’

‘’I just don’t have one.’’

‘’Wow, that’s kind of hard to believe because you are too pretty to be left unnoticed by any guy.’’

I felt my cheeks flush.

‘’What about you, are you in a relationship?’’ I asked, not really sure why I did or why I even cared to know.

‘’Actually, she just broke up with me recently.’’ His voice suddenly went dry.

‘’I’m sorry about that.’’

I could feel he was really hurt.

‘’You really liked her didn’t you.’’ I asked looking at him trying to conceal the strain in his voice.

‘’Ohm, I’d rather not talk about it, I’m sorry.’’ He said with a blank face.

‘’I’m sorry.’’ I apologized.

For some minutes, there was absolute silence in the car. Now I regret asking him about his girlfriend too. But he asked me about mine and although it pains me to not have one, I still didn’t react the way he reacted. Maybe I can’t totally blame him; maybe he really loved whoever that girl friend of his is.