Chapter 8

''So where do I turn to?'' I heard him suddenly ask, as he pulled to the left side of the road. I didn't even noticed we had gotten to  central park already.

''Go right and drive straight, when you get to the traffic light, follow the direction that says St George Boulevard.''

I explained practically demonstrating with my hands.

''So what will you be doing tomorrow?'' He asked driving once again.

''Nothing really, studying I guess or reading something.''

''Studying? don't you guys ever get tired of that?'' He pouts,

''Well, I just love studying, is a thing I'm used to.''

He shrugs. ''Maybe we should hang out tomorrow, I have nothing doing back there at home and Claris and I are just two incompatible people.''

It was really nice of him asking but as realistic as it is, it is just impossible.

It won't be cool telling this guy that my mom won't allow me leave the house because she don't want me to ruin my life. Yes! perfect explanation.

''I'm sorry, I have important errands to run for my mom tomorrow.'' I lied.

''Alright that's cool. I still hope I see you though before I leave for  Coast Dill.''

''Ditto.'' I smiled.

** ** **

After few minutes, Beck pulled into the driveway of my house.

''Welcome home miss.'' He said turning the ignition off.

''Thanks for the ride, and thanks for your company.'' I smiled

''Its my pleasure, see you when I see you.''

''Aw, okie dokie.'' I laughed.

''I hope you can find your way back?'' I asked turning to look at him.

''Of course, take care of yourself.''

''And you too.''

''Bye.''

''Bye.''

I climbed out car and waved goodbye to him as he started the car and dove off.  Once again, I feel like I'm back to my cage. I glanced at the garage and mom's jeep wasn't parked there. Where would she be?

Luckily for me, Mom handed me the house keys after she locked the door before we left earlier. I opened the house, went inside and headed straight to the kitchen. Is already past 6. pm, mom is not back and I'm totally famished.

After what seems like ages of finding what to eat, I finally decide to make pancakes because nothing in the fridge seems to be appealing to me and I love pancakes.

I finished frying the pancakes and settled in the sitting room eating it and flipping through the channels on the TV. I tried mom's number again for the fifth time since I came back. It rang. Thank God.

''Hey baby, I'm really really sorry I kept you waiting so long, I'll be there to pick you up in few minutes.'' She sounded so worried.

''Don't worry mom, I'm home already.''

''What? Did Claris drop you off?''

I stayed quiet for some seconds. I didn't know how she'll react if I told her it was not Claris but her male cousin and I cannot take the risk of knowing.

''Yeah mom. She just left few minutes ago.'' I lied.

''Aw, I'm sorry I made her pass through that kind of stress.''

''Is ok mom, she didn't complain, where are you by the way and why was your phone switched off, I was very worried about you.'' I spilled out.

''I'd explain when I get back, have you had dinner?''

''Yeah. I made pancakes.''

''Alright, I'll soon be home. Take care sweet. Love you.''

''Love you too.''

I hung up and concentrated on the TV once again. After eating my pancakes, I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen then headed upstairs to take a hot bath and maybe when I'm in the tub, would think about my day from the beginning.

I lay inside the bath tub having a good time with my thoughts, imaginations and fantasies when I heard the door bell. Thank God mom is finally back. I quickly put on my bathrobe and ran down stairs to open the door for her.

When I turned the door knob and opened it, Beck stood there before me.