Chapter 3

About after twenty five minutes, mom drove into this neighbourhood filled with houses that looked alike. She drove down the street slowly until we found the right number of the  house we were looking for.

She pulled into the drive way and turned the ignition off.

Oh my God, mom wasn't supposed to turn that off, she was just meant to allow me get down and reverse and be gone,

''Are you sure we are at the right place?''

She asked coming out of the jeep

''Hopefully mom.'' I said, closing the door behind me as I came out too. And besides, I am the right house not 'we'. I immediately spotted Claris's red convertible parked inside the garage.

I really envy her. When would I have my own car? Was that even a question for me, I should direct it to that lady standing few feet away from me. Ha-Ha, I dare not mention that, mom would buy me a car for me when she wants to.

''Mom, when am I going to get my own car?''

The words where out before I could stop them. Jeez I was really asking for too much. I bent my head to avoid the burning gaze my mom would have thrown at me by now.

I waited for her to scold me and order me back into the car and drive me back home.

Mom just kept quiet. When I raised up my head with this unnecessary slow motion to look at her, she definitely wasn't smiling. She just looked at me from head to toe giving me this serious scanning.

Her phone rang and I thanked the caller in my heart, her scolding is way preferable to that stare.

''Yes Kush what can I do for you.'' She answered.

''Oh I remember that lady.'' She continued.

''Did she give you any reason why she did that?''

''Alright, I'll be there in few minutes.''

She hung up and looked at me, this time, the expression on her face showed she was worried and I wondered what the problem was.

Well, whatever it is, she is leaving me alone and that is really cool.

''Sandy, I have to rush to somewhere right now, take care of yourself and be careful. I'll pick you up by four.'' She said and entered inside her jeep.

''Alright mom, I will.'' I replied so pleased with this turn of events.

''And hey, my regards to Clar's parents.'' She continued and drove off afterwards.

Don't worry mom, I'll gladly give them your regard. I said to my self.

Whatever it was that took mom away, a big thanks to that.

I walked to the front door and pressed the front bell. I waited eagerly and prayed Claris answered the door her self.

About fifteen seconds later, the door opened and it wasn't Claris.