Chapter 5

''Hello dear Sandy.'' I heard Claris's mom's voice behind me.

I turned to see her coming towards me and opening he arms wide for a hug. I've met her many times, mostly in school.

''Good afternoon Mrs Bridge.'' I greeted standing up to hug her.

''How are you doing sweetie?'' She asked settling on the sofa next to me.

''I'm perfectly fine ma.''

''And how is your mom doing?''

''She is great, she drove me here but had to rush back for something important, although she sends her regards.'' I explained.

''Oh, my regards to her too. I can see you've met Beck.'' She said looking at him just sitting there going through his phone. When he heard his name, he looked up and answered for me.

''Yeah, we've met aunt, obviously.'' He said winking at me. I didn't know how to decode that message so I just waved it off my mind.

''What would you like to take sweetie?'' Mrs Bridge asked standing up to get whatever it is I would mention.

''Anything would do, thanks.''

''Anything is nothing.'' She replied.

I just stared at her,

''Ok, I'll get you anything.'' She said strolling out of the sitting room.

Once again, is just me and Beck in the room sitting opposite each other. To make matters worse, he stopped going through his phone and just started staring at me without saying anything.

He is really doing the job of taking care of me given to him by Claris.

This is getting very uncomfortable for me and I would prefer it if he just continued going through his phone and focus less on me.

And besides, where is the crazy girl I came to visit?

''Sandy! Sandy! Sandy! sweet sweetheart.'' I heard the crazy girl calling my name as she ran down stairs with her flip flops flopping on the stairs loudly.

''What the hell is wrong with you?'' I playfully asked.

She bent down and gave me a quick hug while I was still sitting down.

''Wow you came finally, I hope you had no difficulty finding this place, wait a minute, how did you get here?'' Surprise was clearly written on her face.

''I had my mom drive me.''

''You got to be kidding me right.''

''I wish I where.'' I said smiling.

''You didn't tell me you have a cousin staying with you guys.'' I chipped.

''Well now you know, and hey mister, I know you've bored her to death already, you can't do a simple task of taking care of someone.'' She said tugging at Beck's hood.

''Actually Clar, he has been the best company I've ever gotten since I got here.'' I replied for him smiling at my self because I can't tell if my sarcasm went well.

Beck just laughed and said.

''Who can ever be bored with me?''

''Me.'' Claris replied.

''Well that is because you have a very low sense of humour.'' He defended himself.

Claris took one of the stuffed pillows and threw it at Beck. He caught it and threw it back at her, Claris dodged it and it landed on my face.

I was taken aback, but I recovered quickly.

''Oh my God, I'm so sorry.'' I heard Beck apologize.

''Are you hurt?'' Claris asked.

''Oh no, I'm fine, is just a pillow.'' I replied picking up the pillow and throwing it back at Beck.

It landed on his face as I took him unawares.

''Yeah! girls rock!" Claris exclaimed.

''Oh yeah yeah yeah we rock.'' I supported.

''Whatever'' Beck said laughing.

Would I say, our subconscious mind led us and before I knew what was happening, we were throwing pillows at each other.

''What in the name of  heavens is going on here?'' Mrs Bridget voice froze us and we stopped immediately.

''Nothing mom, we were just exercising.'' Claris explained laughing at her own stupid excuse. I laughed too, Beck just smiled.

''Oh, I see, and what is the name of this exercise?'' She asked trying to swallow her own laughter.

We were all quiet then Beck intervened.

''Is called catching the ball.''

I couldn't hold it any more and I burst out laughing.

Jeez this family is sick.

Before I knew it, everybody joined in the laughter.