Chapter 4

A tall handsome dude was standing before me wearing black jeans and a blue hood unzipped.

I didn't know when a gasp escaped my lips and I just stood there staring at him. I couldn't find the right words for this kind of moment and even 'Hello' seems to have evaporated out of my memory.

''Hey, you must be Sandy.'' He noticed holding out his hands for a handshake.

I was drawn back to my senses because they seems to have left me immediately this guy opened the door.

''Hello.'' I managed to spill out and shook his hand.

He looked at me with this 'what's with her' look and then I realized how awkward I must have acted.

Jeez what's his problem, don't he own a shirt or is the zipper of that hoodie not functioning anymore.

Thank God mom didn't follow me in. She would been practically dragging me back home by now, probably with the excuse that Claris has a crazy family.

''Claris has been expecting you.'' He said holding out the door for me to enter.

''Come inside and make yourself comfortable.''

''Thank you.'' I said trying with my strength to sound very normal.

''Claris has told me so much about you.'' He said ushering me to sit on a sofa after he has led me to the sitting room.

''Oh'' was all I managed to stutter. I hope is the saintly part of me that my crazy friend told this cutie.

''Are you OK?'' He asked probably wandering what's with me.

''Oh yeah I am, I'm perfectly good.''

''Sorry I didn't introduce my self earlier, I'm Beck, Claris's cousin.''

Hmm Claris never told me she has a cousin staying with them let alone a cute one. What's wrong with me, how would I know he was staying with them. Well to me, he totally look like he has come to stay. And he is crazily cute. Though I don't normally take time to notice guys or how cute they were, but with the way his hair falls down his forehead to one side is amazingly beautiful and those eye; the first thing my eyes met when he opened that door is just...wow.

What is this new sense of attractiveness building up in me. Did this one also come with the freedom gained?

''So, you both went to the same high school huh?'' He asked bringing me back from my wandering thoughts.

''Yes.'' I replied plainly.

By now, he was already sitting on one of the sofas too.

''I'm sorry, I'm not exactly a very entertaining kind of person.'' He apologized which to me is not necessary because his presence alone was entertaining.

Somebody should please smack me on the head and bring me back to reality. Entertained by the presence of a guy? who am I?

''Is ok, I'll just wait for Claris, where is she by the way?''

''She was taking a shower shortly before you entered and told me to take care of you when you show up.'' He explained.

Take care of me indeed, I can see how perfectly he is going about that.

''Why would she be having her bath by this time of the day, or is this her morning bath?'' I asked trying to make a conversation.

''You girls know how your do your thing baby.'' He answered covering his head with the hood.

Ok, I'm not going to blush because he called my baby, although I felt my cheeks flush. He shouldn't call me that again, I pleaded within me.