Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"You're not actually going on a date with him, are you?"

I poked my head out of my walk-in closet to look at Anza, who was flopped on her back on my bed, flipping through a weaponry magazine while popping french fries into her mouth, her sunglasses sitting on her head. I shook my head and stepped back into the closet to thumb through clothes I couldn't remember buying.

"I told him I would," I muttered, "I don't like lying to people. Besides, maybe he'll realize how horrible a date I am and give up." Anza snorted, but said nothing more than that, proving she completely disagreed with me and unfortunately, my words were only hopes that probably wouldn't come true. Dev wouldn't give up until he'd slept with me, and then when I woke up in the morning, he'd probably be gone and I would be alone. It wasn't worth it.

No, I'd just show Dev that I wasn't going to relent no matter how much he clung to me.

I continued down the rack of clothes, scowling at each one and the fact that I was even bothering with this. I should just wear my uniform and watch Dev complain about how I'd already ruined the date by showing up like a mercenery, but for some reason, that made me feel guilty. I mentally cursed myself for having any kind of conscious. That's another thing that made it so hard to turn down Dev, because as annoying as he was, I still felt a twinge in my heart whenever disappointed dulled those bright eyes of his.

"What do you wear on a date?" I grumbled, more to myself than Anza, but she took it upon herself to reply anyway as she scoffed at the very idea. I emerged from the closet to see her tossing her magazine aside and rolling onto her stomach to give me a droll stare as she shoved another french fry in her mouth.

"Bunny, I've been on as many dates as you have."

"I haven't been on any."

"Exactly," Anza declared, then rolled off the bed onto her feet gracefully, tossing her hair over her shoulder and showing off nice curves in her tight black turtleneck and matching leather pants, "I only go to the whorehouse once a week and my hormones are sated." I grimaced at that before disappearing back into the closet. This time, Anza walked in with me and let out a low whistle, looking around and running her finger across the clothing.

"Jeez, bun, I haven't even seen you wear any of these. Is that Calvin Klein?" Anza exclaimed and tore a black silk shirt off the hanger. I scowled, reaching out to take it from her, but she dodged me and held it up to the light, cocking her head. She glanced back and forth between me and the shirt before thrusting it at my face.

"Wear this," She commanded, making me claw the shirt off my face before frowning at her as she went to a pair of pants hanging, then tore those down too and threw it at me, "And those." I frowned at the black jeans and matching silk shirt, chewing my bottom lip uncomfortably at them. Anza clapped me on the back on her way out of my closet before closing the door to give me some privacy, not that it would matter considering we were both into the same sexes. I sighed wearily and changed out of my uniform, instantly missing the comfort of protection from the weaponry and armor. I tugged the shirt on along with the pants, then laced up a pair of boots with knives hidden in the toes and heels. I strapped on a hidden knife to both my ankles, then senbon needles to my wrists, careful not to prick myself on them. Once I was finished, I left the closet and went out to meet with Anza, who had opened my balcony window to look outside at the stretch of Black Sea outside. She turned and her eyebrows rose over the top of her sunglasses. She pushed them back onto her head and scanned me from head to toe.

"What?" I asked uneasily. Don't tell me my fly was undone. I glanced down to check and Anza laughed at that, coming over to hold me by the shoulders.