Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

I'm so glad I got rid of my cell phone, because no doubt it'd be ringing non-stop.

Dev's phone had gone off so many times that he'd finally crushed it under his foot as we ran back toward the palace by foot, as everyone else had apparently teleported in a frantic to go find me. For a moment, I was honestly relieved at my reaction to run away. It caused my family to flee the palace in search of me, giving me the perfect chance to rush inside and find Alex and Coyotl, with Dev right by my side.

"Your family is so going to kill me," Dev said as we ran up the stairs to the palace, "And your dad? Oh, do not get me started on that. I'm pretty sure he, and your siblings are going to rip me a new one." I shrugged as I opend the palace doors quietly, pausing to peer inside to make sure the coast was clear before I ducked inside and jerked Dev inside with me before shutting the door. I waved my hand over it and placed a lock on it before moving away.

"What if Julius comes in?" Dev asked curiously.

"Julius has no concept of using the front door." I assured him. Dev grimaced at that. Then I did before I shook my head and we took off down the hallway back toward the meeting room everyone had piled into earlier. We turned the corner just in time to see the small group waiting outside. It was comprised of Anza, Minerva, Jericho, Marshall, Jaques, Coyotl, and Alex. However, the moment Jaques saw me, his eyes widened and he ran towards me.

"Jaques, I can explain..." I started, but he caught me in his arms before I could do anything. I gasped in surprise at his tight grip on me. Instantly my muscles tensed and my instincts were to shove him away and put at least five feet between us, but I swallowed that fear down and clenched my teeth as Jaques held me tightly, breathing raggedly as he sank his hand into my hair to cradle my head. It was the same way he used to hold me when I was little.

He didn't say anything, much to my relief. He somehow knew exactly what I wanted to hear, or rather, not hear. I managed to hug him back before pushing him back by the shoulders as everyone else quickly went to me.

"Raven--"

"We don't have time," I cut Jaques off quickly, making him look at me in confusion, "I need everyone to get back into the meeting room right now. And, Jaques, call the brothers and sisters and dad and tell them you don't know where I'm at." Jaques's jaw dropped.

"Are you out of your freakin' mind? Bali and Wednesday were crying when they ran out of here to find you, Rave. Thorn is distraught. I don't think I've ever seen Alaric look that horrible in his entire life. Dania was even on the verge of crying. Dude, and father? How do you think he feels right now? Jesus Christ, he hasn't look that bad since God booted him out of Paradise."

"And I will explain everything to them later when they force me into therapy because right now, I can't have them getting in the way. Jaques, just do this one thing for me." I commanded. Jaques chewed at his bottom lip, glancing back and forth between Dev, who was nodding, and myself. He groaned reluctantly and quickly got out his cell phone and dialed the first number as we managed to herd everyone back into the room before I had Dev shut and lock the door behind us.

"Bunny, what the hell is going on?" Anza demanded as she approached me, elbowing Minerva out of the way, who was staring at me like a fish out of water. It was making me horribly uncomfortable. Jericho just stood beside her, his arms folded over his chest and his face blank as he watched Anza and I. I thanked him for that tiny mercy.

"I don't really have time to explain it," I admitted awkwardly, making her arch a brow at me, her hands planted on her hips, "I just need you guys to stay here. I'll be right back."