Nightmare

Alec's POV

Sebastian. He was back. He was holding Max and he had a dagger. I couldn't move. I try to get to Max as Sebastian grins at me. Don't hurt him, leave Max alone. He laughs and drove the dagger through Max's body.   I'm screaming his name but I can hear no noise. Why is nobody here. Why is nobody helping Max. I can't do anything. Someone is shaking me, screaming my name from a distance.

Suddenly I'm awake feeling sweat on my forehead. I can see a pair of familiar cat eyes looking at me full of worry.
"Alec are you okay? What happened?"

Magnus' POV
Alec is moaning in his sleep. I wake him up and see sweat on his forehead.
"Alec are you okay? What happened?"
He wraps his arms around me and I hold him close to me. I rub small circles in his back. "Max" is all he whispers but I understand.
I pull him closer and kiss his forehead.
"It's okay Alexander, it's okay."
He buried his head in my chest and I wiped away his tears.
"Do you want to get up Alexander?"
"No, can you just hold me?"
"Of course"
We lay like that until morning. He sleeps and I go to make him coffee. I bring it back and he's awake sitting on the bed. I hand him the mug and kiss his cheek. I sit down on the bed and snuggles into me. I hold him and all I want to do is keep him safe in my arms forever.