Chapter 2

Tiara was walking over to the convenience store to meet up with her friends, okay, so that wasn't exactly true. She was going there in the hopes of using the wifi because hers had suddenly stopped working and she was in the middle of an episode of Little Women: LA, her friends being there was just a bonus.

She knew Victoria was going to try and talk Allegra into going to a party with her. A party she, herself, was planning on attending anyway, so she was also going to the convenience store to help Victoria bully Allegra into going. The joys of friendship. She couldn't wait for tonight and was already imagining what she'd wear and what songs she'd make regrettable decisions to.

She was scrolling through her playlist when she bumped into someone, nearly knocking her on her ass. She looked up, and her breath caught in her throat in surprise. It was Carter. His hair was still long but now it was newly dyed, instead of the dirty blonde she was used to it was now a dark brown, and surprisingly he was without his twin brother Daniel. The two were inseparable.

He caught her before she could fall, a look of concern etched on his face.

"Sorry about that, are you okay?"

She stood there in silence, unable to form a sentence (probably for the first time since she'd uttered her first word) and just stared at the boy she'd been crushing on for what felt like her entire life.

Get a grip girl! This is NOT a good look! She silently berated herself before replying in what she hoped was a casual manner, " Yeah, I'm fine."

Then his eyes lit up in recognition and he said "Don't we go to school together?"

Yeah we've only been going to school together for the past four years.

Instead of saying this she smiled at him and settled for, "Yeah we do, we sat next to each other last year in English with Mr Barker."

He grinned sheepishly, "Oh, yeah. Daniel and I used to raise hell in that class." He cleared his throat before changing the subject, "Well, are you going to the party tonight?"

"I'm anywhere there are free drinks and a dance floor," she told him with a mischievous smile.

He chuckled and nodded in understanding before pulling his buzzing phone from his pocket.

She smiled at him knowingly, "The old ball and chain looking for you?"

He rolled his eyes in response to a question, a smile creeping onto his face,"I don't know who started that but Daniel and I are more than capable of being apart."

She gave him a disbelieving look before gesturing towards his phone,"So that's not Daniel calling you right now?"

He gave a playfully exasperated sigh before turning to leave, "I gotta go but I'll see you tonight."

She laughed out loud as she saw him answer the phone and whisper "What Daniel!?" as he hurried away from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Allegra, come on! We have to go! Our mens will be there!"

Allegra shook her head, "First of all, they're not our mens and second of all, no."

Victoria rolled her eyes. She couldn't understand why Allegra was being so difficult when this was so perfect, for both of them. This was their chance to finally make a move on the boys they'd liked for so long. How they were going to make the move and what "the move" was exactly, she wasn't quite sure.

However, these were things they could discuss as they got ready for the party. If Allegra would just stop being so stubborn for a second, they could already be planning outfits.

"Give me one good reason why not."

Allegra started fiddling with her phone before sighing and looking up, "I'm scared. Liking him from a distance, it- it isn't fulfilling but at least then I can pretend I have a chance with him but if I go for it...go for him and he shoots me down. I couldn't handle it, I've just liked him for so long. I'd rather just keep pretending I have a chance and like him from a distance."

Victoria stared at her in silence for a minute, just absorbing what she'd just said.

She cleared her throat before saying ,quietly," I'm scared too. I really am. Levi has a girlfriend and as much as I hate her, she's gorgeous. So yeah, I'm not sure I have a chance either but I'd rather take a chance and get shot down rather than go another 4 years liking him and watching him be happy with someone else and wondering if we could've ever been together. We're young and we've spent the past 4 years playing it safe and living in our imaginations. I'm ready to live, do something crazy. So yeah, I'm going to go to this party, possibly make a fool of myself - we know me, I'm definitely going to make a fool of myself - and just go for it. What have we got to lose? We're going to college soon. It'll hurt if he shoots me down but it won't be the end of the world and I'll get out of here."

Victoria took a deep breath after her long speech and hoped that something she said had resonated with Allegra. That something she said had convinced her. She stared at Allegra and Allegra stared back at her.

She sighed inwardly, she hated it when Victoria made sense. The only thing she hated more than that was admitting to Victoria that she was right. So she looked back down at her phone before muttering, "You better help me pick my outfit."

"YAAASSSS bitch!" rang out through the empty convenience store.

"Oh by the way", Victoria chimed on the other side of the store, "Is it cool if I have an Icee?"

"No."

"Okay," she said as she started filling her cup.

"You guys!" Tiara shouted as she practically ran into the store before dramatically draping herself across the counter. Allegra and Victoria exchanged a look before turning to the small girl struggling to climb onto the counter so she could lie across it for maximum dramatic effect. When she succeeded she laid there with her hand on her forehead.

"Getcha girl," Victoria mumbled to her long legged friend, shaking her head.

"Guess who's fucking Carter tonight!?" She exclaimed as she stuck her tongue out and made her signature sound while jumping off the counter for added flare.

Allegra rolled her eyes before turning to look at Victoria and saying, "There she goes", eliciting a laugh from Victoria.

"Okay, so I'm not fucking him but I think something could happen tonight at this party! I bumped into him and he basically told me he wants to see me there soooooo, whose house are we getting ready at?" she said in one breath.

Victoria put her hand up, "We're not getting ready at my house. I don't need Marshall and Tayler up in my business tonight...or ever really."

"Okay, we can go to my house. My mom will be excited to have us there," Allegra offered.

"Great!" Tiara chirped, "Tay just texted that there's a bunch of people meeting up to pregame at her house in an hour so if we leave now we can change our clothes and head over there and have free drinks."

Allegra groaned, "Her house is in Miami though."

Victoria rolled her eyes, "It's a mansion with free drinks though." she shot back.

Tiara laughed, "Looks like someone's been overruled."

Last Night: Taking Chancesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें