Chapter 9

Sensory overload. That's what Kaela was experiencing right now. She could smell Damon's cologne on the shirt she'd put on. She could hear the party going on around her. She could feel the slightly sticky surface of the bartop pressed against her thighs. She was trying her best not to stare at the bare torso not too far from her face, not to mention the beautiful face of the person who the torso belonged to. And now that she knew he'd been the one to kiss her, she swore she could feel her lips tingling.

"My shirt looks good on you," Damon said as he scratched the back of  his head nervously. He had one hand in his front jean pocket and his shoulders hunched slightly, awkwardly. The position only served to highlight just how great his body was. He was lean but his muscles were toned and defined. Her eyes flickered to his abs as they rippled with the movement of his hand before flickering back up to his eyes.

"Umm, are you sure you don't want to wear it?" she asked him.

He smiled at her,"Yeah, you're doing me a favour. I'll probably be much cooler now."

Her eyes surreptitiously scanned his body again. Great! He was cooler but she was definitely feeling hotter as a consequence.

He leaned in towards her and she felt her heart leap into her throat. What is he doing!?

He leaned in until he could tilt his head down and speak directly into her ear.

"It's a little loud in here, do you want to go for a walk?"

She nodded her head at him when he pulled back to look at her inquiringly. She felt his hands come around her waist as he lifted her off the bartop and placed her on the ground before placing his hand in the small of her back and guiding her towards a door. The second they were outside, he retracted his hand and she felt a little disappointed.

"So did you know that was going to happen?" he asked her.

She rolled her eyes as she suddenly remembered that she'd literally been sacrificed by her so-called friends.

"No, I did not. Definitely going to kill them all later but I can't say I'm really surprised." she replied as they sat down on a bench pressed up against the house.

He quirked his eyebrow at her,"Oh yeah? Sacrificing people is a typical Friday night activity for you guys?"

She giggled and nodded,"We only sacrifice the people who piss Ally off though, so it's an every night activity."

"Ally?" he questioned amusedly.

"DJ Cracker," she informed him.

He laughed, "So what did you do to piss her off?"

"Nothing!" she exclaimed,"We all just like to throw each other under the bus."

He chuckled and nodded understandingly.

"Thanks for saving me by the way," she said as played with the hem of the shirt.

He smirked at her and shrugged his shoulders slightly,"The only thing I saved you from was probably having some super attractive guy kiss you."

She raised her eyebrows at him disbelievingly,"My eyes may have been closed but I know that's a lie."

He laughed,"I'm serious, all these hot jocks were eyeing you and instead you got stuck with a nerdy, awkward kid who hangs around his best friend so much that we have our own ship and fangirls."

She laughed,"Speaking of your boyfriend, where is he?"

He rolled his eyes at her,"Dry humping Bella against a wall somewhere. Honestly, not my favourite one of his girlfriends. I've nearly lost my lunch around them multiple times."