Chapter 6

"Seriously!?" Kaela said to Ava who shrugged in response.

How the hell am I left alone? Where the hell was Damon!? How am I going to find him now, in this huge crowd, completely alone. Well, I do have the bartender but it's not the same thing.

She was jerked from her thoughts by the sound of DJ Cheese.

"Hey! So the night wouldn't be complete without a virgin sacrifice."

The crowd went wild and and Kaela rolled her eyes. Of course, they wanted to have a virgin sacrifice at a house party. How would that even work anyway? She didn't want to know.

"Unfortunately for us we don't have a pool of red wine but what we do have is a bunch of red shots and a virgin. Kaela! Where you at girl!?" DJ Cracker screamed into the mic.

Kaela's eyes met Ava's as she froze and the next thing she knew she was being hoisted onto the bar as she heard the two DJs cackle into the mic.

"No, no no!" She repeated as she found the whole party looking at her and Ava appearing at her side with a tray of red shots.

"Come on K, don't be shy!" DJ Cracker said into the mic, "You are the chosen sacrifice and I know you have a bikini on under there. Take your shirt off honey!"

Kaela turned to Ava frantically, looking for anyone who would help her. She spotted her friends in the crowd and sighed in relief. She'd forgive them for abandoning her before if they'd just help her out of this now. Unfortunately none of them were looking like they wanted to help her. Instead, they were cheering along with the crowd and smirking at her mischievously. She gave them all one last despairing look before sighing in resignation and lifting her top up over her head.

The crowd erupted in cheers again and Kaela felt her face heat up as she lay down on the bar, ready to face her fate.

"Excellent! Who shall sacrifice this virgin?" DJ Cheese asked with amusement evident in his voice.

Kaela closed her eyes as she heard someone say, "I'll do it."

Maybe if she just closed her eyes, it'd just fly by and she could pretend it hadn't happened and then she could kill her friends later. She felt warm breath wash over her ear as a voice whispered to her, "I'll make this as quick and painless as possible, I promise."

She groaned inwardly and cursed all of her friends in her mind. She felt the cold of four shots glasses appear on her stomach as the crowd started chanting, "Shots! Shots! Shots!"

She felt the wedge of lime pressing on her lips and opened them slightly to let it in before gripping it lightly with her teeth. She felt the shots disappear from her stomach one by one as she tried not to think about who she was about to lose her first kiss to. She felt the last shot disappear before a slight pause where she assumed that he was licking the salt off his hand before she felt the lime slip from her mouth and a soft pair of lips brush hers lightly for a few seconds before disappearing. The crowd went wild around them and she opened her eyes to see Ava hovering above her.

"Did we- did you, what?" She stammered out.

"No!" Ava exclaimed, "It was him." She informed her as she pointed to someone standing beside Kaela.

She looked over and her eyes widened as she shot up. Damon was standing there next to her with a sheepish smile on his face and he was offering her the shirt he'd been wearing. She couldn't believe it. Damon was standing next to her, shirtless, and offering her his shirt to wear.

"Umm, thanks but why are you giving me your shirt?" she asked him as she took it from him and pulled it on.

He gave her a lopsided smile as he shrugged, "It's the least I can do after kissing you."