Chapter nine...

I stood, staring into the reflection. It's not me. That reflection is not the Joshua everyone knew, this one has dark under eyes and pale face. My hair has seen better days and the look in my eyes is one of sadness... and... loneliness.

I let out a deep breath and moved to face the toilet... come on now or never... you can do it just drop it.

So I did.

I dropped it into the bowl.

I flushed it away... along with many regretted decisions.

I smiled softly and faced the mirror again, I pulled myself over to the sink. I splashed cold water onto my face, hopefully refreshing the look in my eyes. I grab my hoodie and pull it back on.

I exit the bathroom and watch as Melissa walks into the hallway, staring at me.

"Come on let's leave the orphan." She said, practically yanking the guy along with her. Tears formed once more in my eyes.

I ran from the room extremely angry, I marched down the stairs and through the front door.

I'm really confused, why can't they be nice. What did I ever do?

Matthew – How was it?

Me – it was okay but I have to tell you something when we next see eachother

Matthew – okay?? Are you okay?

Me – I will be yeah

I moved to stand on the path outside the house. I watched as some cars rushed by. It could be so easy, just two steps timed perfectly and I'm there. I'm gone...

I'm with mum and dad, and grandpa...

We can be together once more...

I sigh.

Stop it.

Turning I face the house, I spot Henry looking out the window at me. God is he annoying me lately.

I know he's more or less my only family but I have never wanted to punch him before until yesterday.