Chapter twenty-two...

He kissed me in front of his office, in front of the press, in front of that woman... sorry, correction, that bitch.

He took me back inside, ignoring looks from everyone. Some shocked, some disgusted but most were happy smiles and thumbs ups.

We were back in his office in minutes and I was sat upon his lap as he played with my hair. I was tracing random patterns onto his arms, still holding me like a child. This man, who is 7 years older than, cares for me. He doesn't push me for anything, he just lets me be me.

He's amazing, handsome, clever... he's everything I want to be x10.

I-I think I love him.

My heart races...

My palms are sweaty...

My breathing becomes laboured...

All of this when I'm with Matthew, it's never anyone else. I doubt anyone would affect me like he does.

I move my head and watch him closely; his hand is stroking my arm while the other is supporting his forehead.

I reach a hand up and brush it through his hair, I watch his eyes crack open and move to me he smiles. A true smile that jolts something deep within me. I can't help the smile that creeps onto my face. I want to say something but I can't find the words. I want to tell him all of what he does to me and that in the past few weeks he's made my life has so much more meaning.

I can try, there's no hurt in that... right?

"Ma-at the-w-w." I most likely struggle getting the sounds right but his eyes sparkle, happiness.

"Joshua." He repeats. His voice would make my knees go weak.

"I li-like y-you." It doesn't seem correct in my head... his reaction was not what I had expected.

His eyes filled with tears, his hands shook. Matthew relocated his hands and moved me to straddle his legs, my own eyes filled with tears as I watched him reply.

"I like you too."

He likes me? My heart jumps and the tears spill from my eyes. I haven't felt this cheerfulness in years and I never want to lose this.

I never want to lose him.

We kissed like long-forgotten lovers.

There is no one who will ever ruin this.