Chapter fifteen...

It's been a few days since the water bucket incident and Matthew told me all about what Mel did. Damn is she desperate, I know for a fact she has at least three guys thinking they are 'exclusive' and I am not going to give Matthew up to that. I was with him when he told me and the look on his face told me enough, he definitely doesn't like girls.

He knew she was bad because I had told him a little about what she says to me, but he told me that confirmed everything for him.

Matthew is great...

I think I'd either be dead or back home, alone, without him meeting me.

He has no idea how much I want to open up to him but it's been so, so long since I even enjoyed being in someone else's company let alone trusting them.

But...

There's a nagging in my head telling me to get out while I can, maybe I should listen to it.

He doesn't need my issues; he clearly has dealt with his for longer.

I don't want to be a burden, that is all I am with others, but it seems he enjoys my company too...

Which instantly is a red flag, he needs someone who can care for him and not force more issues to him... maybe he has a therapist, I don't need one... I don't want one.

I was sat here lost in my thoughts as a no longer horny Angel ran around the park, she loves the outdoors. I wish I could be as happy as her, she has no idea that her owners died and that we have moved across the country. I want to be that care-free...

I wonder if he will be here today, my thought track drifts to Matthew again. He needs that one person, the one person who can knock down that wall. A person whom I have never found, maybe I have... he is amazing, a rich, tall and handsome man who is as broken as me. Matthew Johnson, the light in my dark little life, but I don't need it, I'm fine without him...

That was it, the finish line.

I stood and with clipping angel onto the lead, I was headed back. I went to the house.

To my room, grabbing the bag from beneath my bed. Throwing in some clothes, underwear, sketchbooks, and pencils and along with my charger I was done.

I lumped it over my shoulder and stepped out of my room. Glancing at the clock above the front door... 3pm I have time...

I threw Angel some treats and refilled her food and water bowls... I'm sorry Angel.

Grabbing some snacks and my wallet, I have money from my job in the country.

I was gone.

The house of terrors I left behind now seemed distant to me...

Train station, ticket in hand.

A few more steps and I can be free, I willed my feet to step over the small gap.

A sudden jolt of movement happened, signalling the departure.

This was it.

I'm out...