Bonus

Katie & Henry

The first time I met Henry was in the park, Joshua was being an idiot and eating grass constantly. I was always freaking out and googling different things in case he got sick or something; he's my whole world now... no one else matters.

I hadn't even noticed Joshua walking over to us until he knelt in front of me; I smiled so hard my cheeks hurt. He's an amazing guy and I can't help but thank every god out there that I met him. He accepted that I have a kid so young.

I asked him a generic question to get some kind of conversation going.

We texted for a few minutes, it was mostly me complaining about too many people here in London. He said that his brother and friend were here, when I looked up who did I see? Matthew freaking Johnson!

I knew immediately they were too close to be 'friends'. I. Love. It.

I was typing so fast my thumbs hurt, I love when people fall in love. Especially when they don't see it and you can just watch them make heart eyes at each other when they aren't watching.

I observed the two guys walking over and the way Matthew interacted with Joshua was so gentle and soft, like he was afraid to break him but something tells me they are both a little broken... slowly, they are fixing each other.

Watching them for a while I realise how much I missed it, the companionship of just one person who makes you feel so damn special when you're really just a regular girl.

Joshua breaks me out of my trance as he runs and hugs a dog by the bench they came from... cute. Matthew goes after him and they talk...

"Hello." I look to see the other guy, Joshua's brother.

"Hi." I waved shyly.

"I'm Henry, it's lovely to meet you."

"Katie and this guy- who keeps eating the damn grass." I picked Joshua up and took the grass from his mouth. "This is Joshua."

"He's adorable, is he yours?" he asked cautiously.

"...yes." I mumbled.

"Cool..." he trailed off. "The dad must be a real douchebag if he's not here." This, for some reason, made me laugh.

"I don't know who his dad is." I said, looking down at Joshua.

"Eh, that's okay. One of my friends is adopted and another only has a dad, you'd fit right in to our weird little group." He chuckled, wow... that laugh.

"Oh yeah? What about you?" his face dropped and his whole person became rigid. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me we only just met after all and it's okay." I rambled, trying to apologise.

"No, it's okay. It just hit Joshua more than anyone." he sighed, running a hand down his face. "We're orphans, our parents died a few months ago. Yeah, really sucks sometimes."

"You know what? I'm not going to say sorry because it's not something that can be changed no matter how much you want it to. I'm going to say it gets better, it gets easier. Joshua has Matthew, don't even try and tell me you can't see how much they love each other. You'll find someone, they will take your pain away and you will take theirs. You won't ever be alone." I whispered the last part and glanced down at Joshua in my arms.

That was the first time I met him and I knew I wanted to see him again, he's so friendly and relaxing. He has this aura around him that just makes you want to smile.

Since that day I would see Henry leave his classes with friends, he would always stop and talk to me for a while, regardless of the time or who he was with.

Joshua and I were doing amazing and he's growing up way too fast.

Henry made life fun, I wasn't stressed around him, and I didn't have to pretend Joshua isn't my kid. Henry was like my knight in shining armour, I started to fall for him and it was an indescribable feeling when I told him...

"Henry?" I muttered. He hummed in acknowledgement. We lay on the grass in the very park we first met in, Joshua was laying asleep on his chest. "I want to tell you something."

"Go ahead." He rested a hand on Joshua's head as I sat up.

"I know we've only known each other for a few months but I... I think I like you... a lot." I fiddled with my fingers and twirled a strand of my hair.

"Katie?" I nodded. "I like you too, more than any other girl I've met."

I gaped at him and couldn't help the tears that gathered in my eyes. Obviously he started to freak out that he'd don't something wrong and I just laughed watching him.

5 years, 5 years and we are still together. Joshua calls him dad and the first time he said it I cried so hard, I was so happy and ever now my heart swells every time I see them together.

This is the man I love and he loves me.

He loves my son.

And we love him so much.